05 yz250 vs 07 yz250

07 has fat bars, newer swingarm, sss forks stock and a few other minor things.

05 did come with fatbars, they were the first year to come stock on the YZ's with the dual chamber forks. 07's have a different style of pipe that offers different power and more added strength to the first twist.

Did the plastics change on the 07? Cause I could have sworn they came with the newer style of front fender, maybe that was 08, or maybe not...

08 has all the above mentioned with the exception of the brake rotors, which were changed to the new 'wave' style found on all the YZ's now.

06-11 is the same pipe 05 was a different pipe. yes fatbars wernt stock till 07. the new arm came in 06. plastic and everything else is cheap enouf not to worry about the changes. all i was doing is telling him the big differance be 05 and the 07 he was buying

I just went from an 01 to an 05. The 01 was a great bike for sure. Motor feels the same. Stock forks on the 05 are better than the stock 01 forks on the small bumps. I am 175 lbs and ride MX. The 05 does feel slight lighter with a lower center of gravity than the 01. I have only rode the 05 twice and for some reason I keep getting the heel of my boot stuck when I move my feet. Very scary.

sss forks are worth it

I totally agree. Plus, the rear shock came with a TI spring, huge 18mm shock shaft, & a giant resevoir. You also got a flatter seat (less swoop) newer style front number plate & front fender in 06. It's your money but the 06-11 are almost the same bike except for brake rotors, graphics, fork wall thickness (07's were thinner to feed more flex into the chassis), lower fork lugs & guards, & a new needle in 07. The motors are all the same. I'd go for the 07.

The YZ's didn't come with fat bars (Pro Taper) until 2007. The 06' YZF did.

That is for the US models. The Canadian models might have been different.

They must have been along with the european models cause they did come stock in 05 with pro taper.

thanks for the input everyone. i already own to 08's and was just lookin to buy a another yz cheap as a practice bike but ive decided to de-comission my higher hour yz and use that as a practice. just picked up my new 11' and coulndt be happier with it, long live the two stroke!

thanks for the input everyone. i already own to 08's and was just lookin to buy a another yz cheap as a practice bike but ive decided to de-comission my higher hour yz and use that as a practice. just picked up my new 11' and coulndt be happier with it, long live the two stroke!

You are a lucky guy having that sweet new 2011. Enjoy your new YZ250. They are great bikes! :excuseme:?

The YZ's didn't come with fat bars (Pro Taper) until 2007. The 06' YZF did. That is for the US models. The Canadian models might have been different.
Yeah, my '06 YZ had 7/8" bars, but it has the removable bar clamps (the '05 does not) that makes swapping to 'big' bars easier.