HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charles810

false neutrals

8 posts in this topic

my bike keeps hitting false neutrals does anyone know why this happens or is it just a problem with this bike it is a 2010 yz 450 any help would be great!:excuseme:

my bike keeps hitting false neutrals does anyone know why this happens or is it just a problem with this bike it is a 2010 yz 450 any help would be great!:excuseme:

Yamaha 's are notorious IMO for "notchy" shifting trannies. My 07 was bad to begin with, but has gotten better as the engine get more hours on it. Someone might know of a shifter return spring swap that has a lighter tension, but to my knowledge there is not much that can be done other than just give a solid slam on the shifter from 1 to 2 !

I've never once had a false nuetral possibly coming from an atv background which always seemed to need much effort to shift. I do hit actual N sometimes but thats it. Never ridden anything but blue though.

no but this is pretty scary just wondering if anyone else has these problems or its just me

Try slightly lowering your shift lever position. (it might make your Yammi shift like an older, well beaten CR gearbox ) :excuseme: