HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dadspants

WR 08 ProTaper handlebar Spec ?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am after a set original wr 08 Pro Taper (5xc2611-lo) Yamaha part no, (5xc-lo) printed on the bars. I have a 06 WR but love the feel of the bars on my friends 08 model. I know i will need the conversion kit and that will lift the bars slightly, but being 6ft2" i could do with the bars being lifted anyway.

Apparently the bars on the 08 model are only available from the manurfacturer as, Yamaha own the bend set? I have priced from Yam and they are not cheap so will not be getting them needless to say :excuseme:

I was wondering if any of your know what the same bend set is for the Pro Taper bar, i have read YZ-low ? Or if Renthal do the same bend set :smirk:

Any help welcome :lol:

just did that to my 06 wr... these are a set of oe wr bars i bought off ebay with a set of protaper mounts on the stock wr top clamp.. the bolts are a little long, so i had to put one extra washer on them...

i never found the bend on the oe bars either..

Picture082.jpg

Thanks Mate,

So it's over to ebay to look out for a set..With regards to the mounts do you happen to know the part number, i like the look of them :excuseme:

Cheers

MArk.

I normally run only Renthal Fat Bars in the CR HI bend but the stock WR pro tapers measured almost exactly the same so I left them on the bike and have no complaints whatsoever.. I can't remember what was different but they were real similar.