HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juscruzn

Where does the oring go on the AP linkage?

8 posts in this topic

From the "How to eliminate the 'Bog'" stickie....

......or you can oring the link. The replacement spring is a one time deal, the oring, needs to be replaced from time to time. To install the spring, you really have to pull the carb. The oring, can easily be installed on the bike. Orings cost about $.20 each (#78 in the plumbing section at Lowes)........

I'm assuming between the arm and spring, correct?

From the "How to eliminate the 'Bog'" stickie....

......or you can oring the link. The replacement spring is a one time deal, the oring, needs to be replaced from time to time. To install the spring, you really have to pull the carb. The oring, can easily be installed on the bike. Orings cost about $.20 each (#78 in the plumbing section at Lowes)........

I'm assuming between the arm and spring, correct?

sorry its a bad picture drawing but it gives the idea.... not sure why and i am not trying to make you think other wise but the stiffer spring idea did not work at all with me... no idea why but the oring idea works a treat and its been on there over 4 months now and still no problems. good luck on the choice you make :excuseme:

bkmod.jpg

sorry its a bad picture drawing but it gives the idea.... not sure why and i am not trying to make you think other wise but the stiffer spring idea did not work at all with me... no idea why but the oring idea works a treat and its been on there over 4 months now and still no problems. good luck on the choice you make :excuseme:

bkmod.jpg

Why do you need to O-ring if you already have the BK Mod?

Removes play in the linkage and provides more instant/sensitive response. BK mod limits total travel/duration.

Those two on the MX version are like safety wiring the linkage and using the taffy mod (airplane collar) on the older slant style.