Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HRC

More questions about aftermarket plastic 2010/-11

16 posts in this topic

Got some more questions about what parts are included when buying aftermarket plastic parts. (Acerbis, UFO)

If I buy the top radiator shroud.....does it include part 6 ?

bild5.jpg

When buying the sidepanels....does part 7 and 8 come together ? Or do I have to use rivets ?

bild4.jpg

Aftermarket parts 7 and 8 come together ready to go.
Part #6 on the air intake scoop is included.

OK.....thanks ! :excuseme:

Speaking of plastic purchases.

Anyone have any idea where I can find the aluminum inserts for the plastics? I have lost some of the inserts and new plastic does not come with any..

Thanks,

Jeff

The polisport kit appears to have those included and its about 169 on ebay. I myself just ended up buying oem replacement plastics from http://www.zanottimotor.com/. I didn't purchase the upper intake scoops or the tank covers as mine are still in excellent shape. The upper intake pieces are way over priced. Next oem order will be with twincountymotorsports.com since their prices are even lower than zanotti.

Do the aftermarket side/numberplates come with the HEAT SHIELDING installed??????

The acerbis kit does include the reflective heat tape. It is less than the amount on the stock plastic, and you have to install it yourself.

watch out with the back fender. that thing comes without the lower black piece which holds the mudflap. I had to drill the rivets out and use new rivets to mount that piece on the new aftermarket fender...