HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cabokid

Suspension mods...anyone have good references?

5 posts in this topic

Ok so the time has come to invest in some aftermarket suspension for the new toy. WR450 needs better legs and I'm surfing around and find many choices: precision concepts, race tech etc.

Any ideas how these stack up against each other on price and performance? I'm thining a revalve and some mid level tweaks to make the suspension worthy of desert racing and some fun on the motocross track (YZ will get the track specific mods though).

Thank you for your help in any experience you might have had with a good and afforable suspension shop.

J

I used Steve Ross Factory Connection 800-221-7560. :) Have used FC on 3 bikes (two RM250's and my WR450) and they always come through with a sweet setup for me. I'm 240 lbs., 47 yr old, and MX race with my WR450. :D

Check out the TT suspension forum... post a question there with some details and you will more than likely get a good response...

HTH,

David

I am 5'11" and 200lbs without gear. I beefed up my fork springs to .47 and my shock spring to a 5.4 from factory connection. I revalved my forks with a delta valve from race tech , this eliminated bottoming on the motocross track but still allows for plushness on mountain trails. Good Luck