List of Gas stations in NC that sell gas WITHOUT Ethanol!

Guys, can we please have a listing of gas stations in NORTH Caroline that have gas WITHOUT Ethanol please.

When posting, if you don't mind, please take the time to get us an address or phone number too please. That'll make it easier for those that might not be local to find the station.

Thanks

George

================== List of Gas stations in NC =====================

..1...Denver UNBRANDED 93 Beach's Grocery 7822 HIGHWAY 73, GPS Coordinates are N35.44204 W80.98321

..2...Denver UNBRANDED 93 Triangle Food Mart 1298 N Hwy 16, GPS Coordinates are N35.47815 W80.99284

Edited by guiri

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I looked it up and here's the link http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp

I suggest we continue THIS thread as there are not many stations on the other list but also, when you post something here, ALSO post it there (you can add gas stations yourself) so that others can benefit from your info.

I would like to find one close to where I'm at. Kinda far to drive an hour round trip for some gas :excuseme:

THanks Dave

GEorge

I would test it too, not just take some clerks word on it being pure gas.

To test it, take a bottled water bottle, empty out 2/3rds of the water and draw a line on the outside of the bottle with a sharpie marker where the waterlevel is at when it is roughly 1/3rd full of water. Fill the bottle the rest of the way up with the gas you want to test. Screw on cap and shake the bottle really good. Set the bottle on something level and wait a minute or so and look at the line where the water and the gas is.... if the water level is still at the mark you made with the sharpie you got pure gas, if the waterlevel moved higher, you got ethanol.

I would test it too, not just take some clerks word on it being pure gas.

To test it, take a bottled water bottle, empty out 2/3rds of the water and draw a line on the outside of the bottle with a sharpie marker where the waterlevel is at when it is roughly 1/3rd full of water. Fill the bottle the rest of the way up with the gas you want to test. Screw on cap and shake the bottle really good. Set the bottle on something level and wait a minute or so and look at the line where the water and the gas is.... if the water level is still at the mark you made with the sharpie you got pure gas, if the waterlevel moved higher, you got ethanol.

did this test with stabil in the gas and no movement in the line, turned a little bit foamer then usuall.

:excuseme:

Interesting. So why does it do that?

The alchol in the fuel mixes with the water, raising the visable level of the waterline. It is a neat and cheap experiment. I do it from time to time to try to find non ethanol gas or at least the least amount of ethanol in the gas, as some stations, the water level will move up quite a bit, others it barely moves, which is a rough indication of how much ethanol is in the gas... with the less the better obviously.

Interesting. So why does it do that?

Because the ethanol mixes with the water and separates from the gas which rises to the top, but now your "water" level is higher in the bottle. This is the same reason you don't want to leave a 2 stroke bike with a partial tank of fuel containing ethanol. The ethanol will pull condensation out of the air in the tank, mix with it and settle to the bottom of your tank because it is heavier than gas and oil. When the bike is started, it will run on the water/ethanol mix but has NO LUBRICATION because the oil has separated out. In a worse case scenario the engine can then turn into a single piece of metal....squeak!!!!!!!!!

Ethanol sucks..... period. It tends to cause problems with the rubber parts in the fuel system, and ethanol laced gasoline does not make as much power as straight gas, so therefore your car or trucks gas milage will be lower on ethanol and your range on a tank of gas in your bike will be shorter.

At the end of the day, ethanol fuel is not the end of the world, it is just better to have straight gas.

For my vehicles and bike I do not go out of my way to find straight gas, I just use whatever the station I decide to stop at sells. But for my airplane and gyrocopter, which both run on unleaded gasoline, I try to find straight gas. Around my area there is no stations I am aware of that go out of their way to advertise straight gas, everywhere I have tested, all had at least some ethanol in the fuel, so I pick the station that my water bottle test shows has the lowest percentage of ethanol.

ethanol mix fuel is garbage, leads to all kinds of fuel system problems, gums up very, very quickly compared to real fuel. Just another example of government tampering with our everyday lives that goes badly, very badly. I could come up with hundreds of examples...

ethanol mix fuel is garbage, leads to all kinds of fuel system problems, gums up very, very quickly compared to real fuel. Just another example of government tampering with our everyday lives that goes badly, very badly. I could come up with hundreds of examples...

the gonv knows best for everyone, what are you talking about:bonk:

hope everyone gets out and votes!!