Kick starter locked after valve adjustment '98 YZ400F

But be careful with the bike at idle for extended periods of time, it is a race bike and is not meant to idle like that, that could be why it gets so hot and smokes and smells funny.

I think it was burning a little oil seepage that came out with the decomp lever, went down in a little cranny of the engine, and hid from me for a while. There was a little pooled up on the front side of the engine. I've since sopped it up better, and it doesn't burn/smoke anymore.

I think that a 52 is WAY too big on the pilot jet for that bike.

Yeah, I think there's probably still a leak somewhere in the carb... I think I want to rebuild it completely and see where that gets me after I feel it out on the dirt this weekend, of course. :excuseme: Esp. in regards to another person's comment on here that mentioned the o-ring on the slide.

The weather is around 65-70 F, humidity 50-60%, elevation 1200 ft. *shrug*

I finally got my WR400f to run perfectly by adding a newer FCR MX with adjustable leak jet and fuel screw. I should have done this long ago!

yes it fits but here are some links. It was a little short but it still works, the airbox boot should stretch. Just make sure to get matching throtlle with cables and hotstart cable and perch, i dont use hotstart.. i would avoid the wr carb. I used a kx450 carb. Consider jetting as well. Mine was ok but you may be different. Do this at your own risk but mine was ok.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664146

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639019

Another thing, dont forget to plug the hole on the intake as well, the hotstart is in the newer carbs. I run with the tps disconnected as well but i ride on the street mostly. I hear it runs better with it connected in the dirt. I am sure you could find out more about the tps on here. Good Luck!