yzf 450 10 gearbox broke!

@brentn: oh man junge wenns dir nicht gefällt,lies es doch bitte auch nicht! und daß gas ist rechts,vielleicht fährst du ja dann auch mal was kaputt..

i post a pic of what i first found,when i opend the clutsh side.there are to more pieces,one like this one both from the 2ed gear an one little thing from the other side to the 2ed gear

i will get the engine back the nexts days,the i take apic of the hole gear..u will get big eyes!

..do demage things is a question of speed!

I have broken a tooth in my tranny as well. 07 YZ450f, have not torn it down completely so not 100% sure of what and how many are broken, seems to be a problem inherent with Yamaha's. Between my buddy and I we are on motor # 4 in the past 2 years. We do not ride them hard at all, old and slow. All 4 motors were purchased with new bikes, always maintained very well. Hard to believe no one has heard about any of these issues before. I have posted a couple times asking about failures. Sad that Yamaha will not stand behind us for the amount of money we all spend. I do not expect a full replacement, but in my case 2 of my motors failures were do to assembly failures at the factory.

new pic is on....und?

I can't go along with this Gearbox failure being inherent to Yamaha after the ones I have owned. I ride MX every weekend with no Gearbox issues.

I did 425 hours on my '01 426.......250+ hours on my '03 450.....250+ hours on my '06 450......no problems.

I upshift and downshift with no clutch all the time but I do pay attention to and understand the mechanical limitations of these machines.

I'm not heavy footed on the shifter either.

Its all fair game in a race though.....lol.....I don't have time to worry about clutching except for doing the super fan thru the loamy corners..:excuseme:

Later, Jason

..my mechaniker told me today,thats the gearbox is the same to the years 06-09 :0

I can't go along with this Gearbox failure being inherent to Yamaha after the ones I have owned. I ride MX every weekend with no Gearbox issues.

I did 425 hours on my '01 426.......250+ hours on my '03 450.....250+ hours on my '06 450......no problems.

I upshift and downshift with no clutch all the time but I do pay attention to and understand the mechanical limitations of these machines.

I'm not heavy footed on the shifter either.

Its all fair game in a race though.....lol.....I don't have time to worry about clutching except for doing the super fan thru the loamy corners..:excuseme:

Later, Jason

X 10 what he says.......

..my mechaniker told me today,thats the gearbox is the same to the years 06-09 :0

That's what I said:

...the '10/'11 gearbox is 85% the same as the '06-'09 trans, part numbers and all, except for 3-4 upgraded numbers.