How to fix the '10 YZ450 off idle "lunge"??

I have a 2010 YZ450 that has about 20 minutes ride time (just goofing off....no racing or riding hard).

Can I use my "tuner" to tune the anoying off idle lunge out of this bike? I'm sure its not as big of a deal while racing, but I'm not always racing....lol

Also.......how do I get more top end punch?.....or do I just short shift to keep it in the meat of the power?

Thanks in advance.

I have a 2010 YZ450 that has about 20 minutes ride time (just goofing off....no racing or riding hard).

Can I use my "tuner" to tune the anoying off idle lunge out of this bike? I'm sure its not as big of a deal while racing, but I'm not always racing....lol

no. But to answer your topic heading question injectioneering is the company that mods out the TB and resets the TPS to clear up the "2010 lunge"

Also.......how do I get more top end punch?.....or do I just short shift to keep it in the meat of the power?

Yes, it produces the most power in the middle of the RPM range, this is how I ride the bike all the time. I find power is best at the the mid range, high end power doesn't really do much on this bike. Can't lift the front end on the upper RPM range like on a two stroke.

Magazines, other users etc say that running a new pipe will give you more upper range power, but I personally think that it will take a pipe, cams and porting to make good use-able upper rpm power.

I'm no expert, just my two cents

Thanks in advance.

Your welcome

put the "jay marmont" map in and it will pull harder on top and eliminate the herky-jerkeys.

This map really does seem to help. I wouldnt say it totally eliminates the jerky throttle response you get when your putting through the pits in first gear but it helps a lot, and even more so out on the track. Also as stated it does seem to run stronger and "cleaner" at high rpms.

I tried MXA's less hit map and I would say it almost makes the jerkiness worse, seems like it has more engine braking with the throttle off. I also tried the broad powerband map, it helped some with the jerkiness but not as much as the Marmont map and didnt seem to run very strong above the mid range. My bike is stock including exhaust if that helps.

The injectioneering mod would probably be the best improvment. I run the woods map mostly and it completely eliminates the initial burst off idle. It does kill a little of the power on the very bottom but no too much. Also a slip on will give you some more top end if the appropriate one is used.

I love that instant throttle response. It is smoother than the harsh '04 I used to have, but still snappy. I don't cruise the pits or ride trails though. $256 seems like a lot. A bolt-on flywheel weight might cure it for much less. A remap sounds even better.

I love that instant throttle response. It is smoother than the harsh '04 I used to have, but still snappy. I don't cruise the pits or ride trails though. $256 seems like a lot. A bolt-on flywheel weight might cure it for much less. A remap sounds even better.

You are right with the remap...you can tune that surge right on out, but it also takes away the "snap" that everyone loves....The Injectioneering mod should be done before you even get through the first rear tire....:excuseme: