HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aedwards07

Throttle tube with least friction for 2010?

7 posts in this topic

Whats the best aluminum tube to get for a 2010?Im looking for the least ammount of friction and after ruining the day by breaking a plastic one I dont want another one.

Is the protaper twister style with the bearing in the end the best style to get?Seems like it would be awesome until you got dirt and sand in the bearing.Is that a problem or not really?Or is the G2 style one better with how it just runs on 2 small teflon inserts in the bar?Do they wear out?Any other good options?The hammerhead one looks interesting but they give 0 info on it.

I have the regular basic aluminum pro taper throttle tube and have 45 hours on it... great so far, havent even taken it off to lube it up or anything.

My experience with aluminum throttle tubes is that they are no more durable than plastic tubes. Maybe even less - they tend to pinch or bend Instead of cracking. I'd recommend just keeping an extra plastic throttle tube in the tool box just in case.

In my opinion plastic tubes, work better than aluminum. There's a reason many aluminum tubes use plastic bushings on the inside of the tube.

I have had the protaper twister on my 10 yz450f since spring and it still feels just as smooth as new. Just make sure you get the adapter if you are running any other bar other than protapers.

I have had the protaper twister on my 10 yz450f since spring and it still feels just as smooth as new. Just make sure you get the adapter if you are running any other bar other than protapers.

The same adapter will work with almost all 1 1/8 bars except the twin walls.