HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
intothumpin

426 broken clutch cover

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone had the miss fortune of breaking the stock clutch cover on their YZ426? I ran in to two guys in the same week that have had the opportunity to test the strength of the stock cover, which seems to be quite vunerable to damage in high speed get offs. The local dealer doesn't stock these items in fact they were on back order from Yamaha , BRP is now making Billet Aluminum clutch covers for this bike that are very trick. A little heavier than the stock Magnesium unit but much stronger and it's Hard Anodize. it looks very cool and fits great. Interested you can call them at 949-380-1160 or check their website @ www.brpit.com

On the 01 YZ426, the lever is very similair to the KX's. I can report that I had very good luck with levers on the 98 and 99 KX250's I had.

------------------

Rick

01 YZ426F #85 Vet C