HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spdnjoe

Flywheel weight ?

7 posts in this topic

I have an '01 426. I ride mostly desert with some trails. What flywheel weight are you guys running or would reccomend ?

Was it worth it ?

Did you notice a difference in power delivery, stalling in tight situatuions ?

Thank you in advance.

I didn't do much desert riding on my old 00, but I ran the stock flywheel and 13/52 gearing and really liked that setup for woods riding.

I looked all over for one, and even placed an order this weekend with thumper talk for the 13oz msr. I got a call this morning that they don't have it and had no other options.

I canceled the order and called up Stealthy Offroad and ordered this one.

Click Here

I got the 12 ounce.

I should have it in my hands on wednesday and hope to get it installed by thursday for a ride this weekend.

I added 8 oz. to my old '99 YZ400f after reading that even Motorcross Action magazine recommended adding 4 oz and another magazine recommended 12 oz so I split the difference on mine. It made it much better offroad and desert riding which is 99% of what I do. That thing would just tractor up most hills no problem. I didn't notice any sluggishness at all after this mod, it just seemed to get better traction everywhere.

I just did the same mode to my '09 YZ450f and consider it some of the best money spent on modifying my bikes to suit me.

Added a weighted Flywheel to my 08 450 and it helped bigtime in the altitude as far as hill climbing etc

The GTYR Off-Road flywheel is awesome for not stalling / riding woods / rocks etc. if tey make on - if not the stealthy works good too.

Got the Stealthy installed the other day, quick and easy job.

I went out riding on Sunday and it made a HUGE difference, I love it.

-You can lug the motor more without worrying about it stalling.

-The power is more controlable.

-I believe it's easier to start as well.