chain recommendations

I am looking to buy a good chain, cost doesn't matter. I don't care if it is o-ring or non o-ring, I just want something that will last.

I currently have an EK X-ring gold plated chain and it was around $100 or so...this chain seems to be holding up better than my old DID x-ring I had! And the gold color looks pretty cool on the YZ too!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

I'm very disappointed in a Sidewinder Platinum chain. I expected this chain to last a reasonable length of time and it has NOT! I will either go with the EK x-ring, or the Renthal R3. Also, I had ordered the Sidewinder in a set of sprockets as well and the rear sprocket mounting holes were drilled with straight holes and not chamfered to accept the tapered allen head bolts. I emailed them about this and they admitted to having made a mistake. As far as I'm concerend, their ads are totally bogus and will not get more of my business.

I put a DID Gold chain on mine after break-in with the stock sprockets. I was not sure if I wanted a o-ring chain. But, I did not want to chance the stock chain very long.

------------------

Rick

01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

forloop: was that an ERT? I tried that chain as well and expected better results. Not only am I finding excessive side to side play, but excessive stretch as well.

Boit - I installed the best Sidewinder had to offer including the stainless rear sprocket and O-ring chain. Been on for about 3 months of riding time. Chain seems to be holding up ok.. nothing to write home to mom about. The Stainless sprocket started to wear/mushroom. It mushroomed out at the base of the tooth and then seemed to stop. I'm going to GA/FL for the next 10 days running in red clay/Sand type tracks. This should be a good test as most of the places I ride in the northeast are loam. I'd have to say that I am satisified so far.

------------------

HomePage www.eagle-racing.com

I made a mistake. I put a RK KZ6 GOLD chain on it. The stock one was a light weight DID chain. The quality of this chain seems to be on par with Regina and Renthal gold chains. I normaly by regina chains.

On my ring-ding bike, I did not use o-ring chains due to the extra drag. I'm not sure if it will make much difference on this bike.

------------------

Rick

01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

I put on an EK 520 mvx O-ring last year. I ride dirt and sand. The chain is chrome and looks nice on the bike. The chain is good for another season. I lube it well with WD-40 after ever ride and wash.

Boit,

I got to let you know I feel the same way Because I put a set on my RMX and didnt think they performed anywhere near as well as their adds claim. Also I had my wife stop in there to pick up a clutch kit for that bike. They ACCIDENTLY sold me a set for a RM and wouldnt take it back cause I already had them in oil before I noticed a diffrence and offered to sell me anouther set at cost. BS I dont like paying for someone elses mistakes.

After the sidewinder set wore out I replaced them with Renthal sprockets and Regina O ring chain and that combo lasted well over a year. I would say the Renthal sprockets lasted lot longer than sidewinders.This was not there new SS sprockets. After previous unhappy buys I didnt even want to try it.