Doh! Why the @#$%^ did I sell it??

Thought I'd find a 'better' dual sport for local stuff.

I never really realized how much lighter and tighter turning the WR450 is over everything else.

I now realize I screwed up. Royally!

I even had it running fantastic, with all the carb mods, and such.

Oh well.

Anyone have a CA plated 2007 for sale?

DSCN7818.jpg

Thought I'd find a 'better' dual sport for local stuff.

I never really realized how much lighter and tighter turning the WR450 is over everything else.

I now realize I screwed up. Royally!

I even had it running fantastic, with all the carb mods, and such.

Oh well.

Anyone have a CA plated 2007 for sale?

DSCN7818.jpg

For sale, no:smirk:

How does the x power compare to the wr? In the Sept dirt bike shootout the x looked like it had about 4 more ponies.

My WR had stock internals, stock header, GYT exhaust tip, R&D powerbowl II, R&D flexjet, open airbox, 160/48 jetting, grey wire, no tps.

My X has an '05 R cam, Stage I port and polish, DR D full exhuast, pink wire, open air box, R&D powerbowl II, Flexjet, 170/48 jetting.

The X will go wide open in the desert without effort.

The WR would do figure-eights at full steering lock through a rock field, without effort.

The X is substantially faster than the WR was. With good reason.

My WR had stock internals, stock header, GYT exhaust tip, R&D powerbowl II, R&D flexjet, open airbox, 160/48 jetting, grey wire, no tps.

My X has an '05 R cam, Stage I port and polish, DR D full exhuast, pink wire, open air box, R&D powerbowl II, Flexjet, 170/48 jetting.

The X will go wide open in the desert without effort.

The WR would do figure-eights at full steering lock through a rock field, without effort.

The X is substantially faster than the WR was. With good reason.

This is just my opinion, but I would have rather put the money into the WR's motor instead of the X. My WR actually has been modded with yz parts, 06 yz full exhaust, 06 yz cams (intake/exhaust), and 07 yz suspension (front and back). That, along with the rest of common WR mods has turned it into a fire breathing beast that handles anything I throw at it quite gracefully. Maybe next year I'll complete the package with a high-comp piston.?

OK. So I have an 08 that I'm getting ready to hop up. I'm researching this now. I have a Yoshi slip on. Should I got with both YZ cams or just the exhaust? Also, will the Yoshi header make much difference or can I just get a used YZ header? Anyways, I will do a high comp piston later. I think the cams might be enough.

How does the x power compare to the wr? In the Sept dirt bike shootout the x looked like it had about 4 more ponies.

my 05x is all stock with proper jetting from JD, and feels like a dog.. but I thought it was great until I got the 08wr. I have a full 09yz exhaust, PMB end cap, and a JD jet kit on the WR but it flat out feels like it has atleast 10 more ponies than the X. I like to ride the X in tight slow stuff where more power isn't usually better. With Dave J's setup in WR it rocks for wide open woop pounding desert riding where the more power the better. I have not ridden a newer X but I have heard they are way better than mine in the power department.

Plus I have about 3000miles on the WR and have never had to adjust valves. I have about 4000miles on X and have had to adjust a few times..

OK. So I have an 08 that I'm getting ready to hop up. I'm researching this now. I have a Yoshi slip on. Should I got with both YZ cams or just the exhaust? Also, will the Yoshi header make much difference or can I just get a used YZ header? Anyways, I will do a high comp piston later. I think the cams might be enough.

After looking at DR. D exhausts for $500, I bought a full 09 YZ exhaust for $35 on fleabay. Aside from it being a little louder it sure does improve the power up top.

Just be aware that e-starting with the YZ cams (especially the exhaust) could get really sketchy! WR specific Hot Cams would be a better option.

Edited by SXP

This is just my opinion, but I would have rather put the money into the WR's motor instead of the X. My WR actually has been modded with yz parts, 06 yz full exhaust, 06 yz cams (intake/exhaust), and 07 yz suspension (front and back). That, along with the rest of common WR mods has turned it into a fire breathing beast that handles anything I throw at it quite gracefully. Maybe next year I'll complete the package with a high-comp piston.?

I believe Krannie's X has been a work in progress for a long time. IIRC the WR he had was simply a plated bike with a quiet exhaust so he could poach on the down low.

I could see why he wouldn't spend a bunch of $$ tweaking on his WR.

The yosh header might work better with the yosh muffler, but any header with a larger diameter than stock is going to return worthwhile gains.