2010 power tuner question

I purchased the GYTR power tuner to remap my bike. I am not very computer literate but they made loading up the maps very easy. It is truly user friendly.:smirk:

My question now is how to get the clip unhooked at the front of the bike? The manual shows it unpluged but doesn't say how. Do you squeeze, pry or snap this thing off? I really, really, don't want to break it.

I am beginning to think I am too old to own a bike like this. I have dropped more f bombs working on this bike than any bike I have owned. It seems like the manual assumes we all have Grey Racers mechanical experience, but when it comes to electrics I am clueless!

I had the same problem when I tried to use it for the first time also. There is a small clip/tab inside of the connector, run your fingernail just inside of it and you should feel it. then just depress it and it slides right out.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you talking for getting it off the aluminum clip attached to the frame or to get the plug apart? So far I am not having any success with either.

Do you need to detach it from the frame? It looks like the plug has two "catches" on each side of it to keep the plug hooked together.

it stays on the frame, I am referring to the plug.. there is a thin tab on the outward side about in the middle that you depress and the plug slides out.

I actually shaved down the little nub that locks it in so that when I pull it out now it is much easier to get out, but doesn't come out on it's own.

I see the "release" you are talking about but even with that pushed inward it will not come out. I can wiggle it slightly so its not "stuck" but no luck removing. I would welcome any more ideas.

On a side note I have noticed that after riding the seat is bowed slightly making the back of it stick up slightly from the rear fender. If you loosen the seat bolts it straightens back out. Not a big deal but kind of weird. Anyone elses seat do that?

charlie, just press on it and pull the plug out of the connector.

I purchased the GYTR power tuner to remap my bike. I am not very computer literate but they made loading up the maps very easy. It is truly user friendly.:smirk:

My question now is how to get the clip unhooked at the front of the bike? The manual shows it unpluged but doesn't say how. Do you squeeze, pry or snap this thing off? I really, really, don't want to break it.

I am beginning to think I am too old to own a bike like this. I have dropped more f bombs working on this bike than any bike I have owned. It seems like the manual assumes we all have Grey Racers mechanical experience, but when it comes to electrics I am clueless!

you have to get your finger nail and pull the release catch out not in

you have to get your finger nail and pull the release catch out not in

THANK YOU!!!! Delmas is right I pulled that little release outward and it popped right out. I have to say I was about ready to drop kick this thing off a 20 ft cliff yesterday. This site is invaluable with the help you get, I had given up on it till I read the thread again.

THANK YOU!!!! Delmas is right I pulled that little release outward and it popped right out. I have to say I was about ready to drop kick this thing off a 20 ft cliff yesterday. This site is invaluable with the help you get, I had given up on it till I read the thread again.

great glad I could help

On a side note I have noticed that after riding the seat is bowed slightly making the back of it stick up slightly from the rear fender. If you loosen the seat bolts it straightens back out. Not a big deal but kind of weird. Anyone elses seat do that?

Yes, my seat has done that now too, something like a 3/4 inch gap above fender. Good thing the airbox is not back there anymore!

Yes, my seat has done that now too, something like a 3/4 inch gap above fender. Good thing the airbox is not back there anymore!

Must be a 2010 glitch. I know the seat is on correctly and will admit that I am a big guy at 215 without gear but I have not had any previous bikes do that. It seems like maybe there is not enough support from the subframe in the middle of the seat so when you seat bounce it pushes the seat down slightly in the middle raising the back of the seat up.:smirk:

great glad I could help

Where were you when I broke mine trying to get it off!:p that thing really pissed me off for about 10min!:smirk: