HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcMN

2010 plastics on 09

12 posts in this topic

not without heavy mods. with the air box up front and lower fuel tank and no air box in the rear you really are left with no where to bolt anything up to

front fender should tho. and id assume the front number plate with it. idk about the rear fender tho

not without heavy mods. with the air box up front and lower fuel tank and no air box in the rear you really are left with no where to bolt anything up to

what if you used the plastics off the 250f? thanks for the quick replies guys

Look at the two

2009_YZ450F_DPBSE_1_l.jpg

2011_YZ250F_DPBSE_1_l.jpg

Mounts are in different locations, looks like the tank is different as well. Frame is different on the two so putting the new tank on the old bike looks like a no go...

Looks like a shitload of work if you ask me.

Edited by brentn

WHY?! I would give my left nut to be able to put my old 2006-2009 plastics on my 2010. I hate the way that new crap is shaped.

exactly what I was thinking! The new bikes look fine from the sides, but I hate the shrouds when Im sitting on the bike, they look like devil horns.

WHY?! I would give my left nut to be able to put my old 2006-2009 plastics on my 2010. I hate the way that new crap is shaped.

I can help you out with that... I'll gladly trade you my well cared for low hour 06 for your 10 :smirk:

I can help you out with that... I'll gladly trade you my well cared for low hour 06 for your 10 :smirk:

I had a "modded to the hilt", well cared for 2006...and if she turned like the 2010, I'd have it back in a heartbeat. But no combination of suspension, clamps, links, or tires could make that ill-turning bike anything like this new one.

I had a "modded to the hilt", well cared for 2006...and if she turned like the 2010, I'd have it back in a heartbeat. But no combination of suspension, clamps, links, or tires could make that ill-turning bike anything like this new one.

Dang... you know the chink in my armor :smirk: