HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husky390or

09 YZ450F exhaust leak

6 posts in this topic

I installed a Delkevic ti header and FMF Q4 silencer and I have an exhaust leak between the header and silencer joint. I have tried using Permatex and am going to give it another go but not sure what else to do if that doesn't work. I saw some automotive exhaust tape at Checker and am thinking of trying that next. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Is it a slip on joint? If they are different sizes there really isnt much you can do but find a spacer that might work.

Yup, it's a slip on. I emailed FMF about it but never received a response. Awesome customer service. :smirk:

You put an FMF mid pipe on a non-FMF header and it's somehow their responsibility? Be realistic.

Take the header and pipe to a good muffler shop and have them expand the header a bit ti fit the pipe better.

You put an FMF mid pipe on a non-FMF header and it's somehow their responsibility? Be realistic.

Take the header and pipe to a good muffler shop and have them expand the header a bit ti fit the pipe better.

I never said it was their responsibility. I think I'm being realistic in expecting some sort of reply. I've been to busy to call them but two weeks and not a word? Yeah, I think it's fair to say I'm disappointed.

I use the tape with pretty good results. Have to replace it fairly often but its a quick an cheap fix that actually works!