09 YZ450F exhaust leak

I installed a Delkevic ti header and FMF Q4 silencer and I have an exhaust leak between the header and silencer joint. I have tried using Permatex and am going to give it another go but not sure what else to do if that doesn't work. I saw some automotive exhaust tape at Checker and am thinking of trying that next. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Is it a slip on joint? If they are different sizes there really isnt much you can do but find a spacer that might work.

Yup, it's a slip on. I emailed FMF about it but never received a response. Awesome customer service. :smirk:

Yup, it's a slip on. I emailed FMF about it but never received a response. Awesome customer service. :smirk:

You put an FMF mid pipe on a non-FMF header and it's somehow their responsibility? Be realistic.

Take the header and pipe to a good muffler shop and have them expand the header a bit ti fit the pipe better.

You put an FMF mid pipe on a non-FMF header and it's somehow their responsibility? Be realistic.

Take the header and pipe to a good muffler shop and have them expand the header a bit ti fit the pipe better.

I never said it was their responsibility. I think I'm being realistic in expecting some sort of reply. I've been to busy to call them but two weeks and not a word? Yeah, I think it's fair to say I'm disappointed.

I use the tape with pretty good results. Have to replace it fairly often but its a quick an cheap fix that actually works!