HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roddy73

Got an 04 450 in a trade, any advice?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, great forum! Lots of good info.

I just got an 04 YZ450f in a streetbike trade and I know nothing about them.

I didn't take a picture before it went into the moving truck but I know it has a different frame with the oil tank built in and different bars, pipes, etc.

It runs really good and scared the crap out of me a bit but I could see having a lot of fun trail riding with it next summer.

Can you think of anything I should address this winter, I know it needs a bushing at the bottom of the shock. I won't be jumping the shit out of it or anything I just want it to be reliable.

Thanks!

i have an 04 450 and ride it about twice a week and it is reliable as a rock. keep it clean and serviced and have fun.

Regular oil changes, filters changed every 3rd or so with air filter maint often too and it should last a long time. Some of the guys on here have up to 200 hours on their bikes.

Also if you don't have a manual,get on .That will tell you everything you need to know, plus a little more.

Thanks guys, I will get a manual. I don't do much without one (live and learn).

The more I look into this bike the more I like it, gotta love a good trade!