Question for "BK"

After reading your reply about how the dry sump to wet sump conversion doesn't do any harm to the engine I was wondering if the average joe wanted to do this and was really good about changing the oil very often would there be any real downside. Also how would you go about doing this conversion. One more thing I am new to this site and hear that you are a factory mechcanic is this true.

Thxs for your help,

ru426

BK where are you?

ru426

Sorry I havn't posted lately. I have been extremly busy at work and havn't had time. I don't think there is a real downside to wetsumping however after lengthy talks with our engineer we determined that the increased heat could cause minor premature wear. The problem with wetsumping your engine is that it requires some internal modifications to the oil pump, cases, clutch cover, and transmission. I'm thinking about offering the mod. as a service, but I'm not sure if I would have any takers. I have also considered offering the 426 accel pump mod. Let me know what you think.

As for your other question, yes I work for Tim Ferry at Yamaha Motor Corp.

Take it easy,

BK

Yamaha Factory Race Team

MXWrench@msn.com

ru426

Sorry I havn't posted lately. I have been extremly busy at work and havn't had time. I don't think there is a real downside to wetsumping however after lengthy talks with our engineer we determined that the increased heat could cause minor premature wear. The problem with wetsumping your engine is that it requires some internal modifications to the oil pump, cases, clutch cover, and transmission. I'm thinking about offering the mod. as a service, but I'm not sure if I would have any takers. I have also considered offering the 426 accel pump mod. Let me know what you think.

As for your other question, yes I work for Tim Ferry at Yamaha Motor Corp.

Take it easy,

BK

Yamaha Factory Race Team

MXWrench@msn.com