HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mweitz

IMS Natural Tank Cleanup

6 posts in this topic

I picked up some parts for my WR426 off CL, CF frame guards, rad scoops, side panels etc. Got a nice deal on all of it.

While I was yakking with the guy I told him I was doing a WR to YZ tank / seat conversion and he mentioned he had a natural IMS tank in the back and that it was a mess and partially painted.

I had him pull it out and after looking it over offered him 15 bucks which he took.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

I posted up on http://www.southbayriders.com (SBR) a local moto forum in the South San Francisco Bay Area of CA. Folks suggested a variety of things, so I tried them all. The most successful with EZ Off Oven cleaner. I also had good luck with gasoline and a toothbrush and carb cleaner and a toothbrush.

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

I ordered up a new petcock, and cleaned up the hardware that was on there and put it all together. I also ordered a nicer cap for it. The cap cost as much as the tank and petcock!

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out:

TankMounted.jpg

that turned out nice.... (so is the bike)

jay

Thanks!

I've been working on the bike for about a month. I'm almost finished, it seems there is always some little thing to do :smirk::p

Looks good, Ipaid I think $165 for mine, for a '06 wr450. Had more money than time, at the time. It was mint, though.