Follow the procedure!

I just picked up my new machine this evening. Even tho it was 9:30pm when I got home, I couldn't resist firing it up. Since I've read so much about how difficult these are to start, I printed the MXA instructions from this web site and was very anal in the way I followed them. I didn't kick very hard at all and voila, she was talkin' to me! I wanted to shred my lawn at that moment! I hope that it is always this easy.

PS. No blips of the throttle (as the MXA tips page says is an option). I decided that on the first try I wouldn't and if she wouldn't light, then I'd try the blips. Obviously it wasn't necessary.

Yes. I have had my bike a little over a week. It always starts first or second kick. Always take your time and follow the drill.

------------------

Rick

01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

My bike has always been a start as well, 1-3 kicks but when your in a race and the jucies are flowing its hard to stop and go through the drill, "BUT YOU HAVE TOO" or you'll be sitting there much longer if you start stabbing at it like you do a 2 smoke.

Doug

sort of like fonseca does with his 250F...and he blames it on the bike!

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

Yeah, after that race where he finished 13th or whatever, they interviewed Ernie's mechanic and he basically said, "If he would settle down and follow the procedure..."

and then Fonseca has Yamaha build him a 10k clutch that freewheels like a 2 smoke...engine braking can be a BIG advantage if he would just learn how to use it! Oh well, enough fonseca bashing...I hope he keeps winning but im sure Pastrana will "lay down the law" and wheelie past fonseca (like he did through the whoops in the national season...that was sweet)

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX