2003 WR 450 sprocket help

I have a 2003 WR 450. I have had the bike for some time now and mostly ride the bike on trails and desert. I have recently added dual sport equipment and have done some dual sport riding. My gearing/sprockets are stock with a 14 front and 50 rear. I am not necessarly looking for more top end but would like to reduce RPM while riding at highway speeds of 50-60 mph. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Try a 48 rear amd if you want even lower highway rpm a 15 front,this can be done without chain modification.

I'm running 14/48 now (not dual sported).

If your only doing a couple of miles at 60 mph, you could get away with 14/48, but if you plan on running 60 mph for 45 min - a hour or more, personally...I would want the 15/50

You said you ride trails and desert...no mention of tight single track, so it should be fine, but the 15/50 1st gear would certainly be a noticable difference on tight single track.

I ran 15/45 for a while, that's a bit tall for a usable 1st gear offroad. However it was plenty fast on the top end. I still have the 15 front, and went to a 50 rear and I am happy with it.

I ran 15/45 for a while, that's a bit tall for a usable 1st gear offroad. However it was plenty fast on the top end. I still have the 15 front, and went to a 50 rear and I am happy with it.

Ive tested these setups too death.

For dual sporting, and commuting I would run a 15-45 (110mph +)

for open desert riding (14-45) (same ration a 15-48)

For desert racing and fast enduro's 15-50 (88mph top end)

for technical single track with lots of rocks and climbs, 13-50

My favorite is the 13-50 closely followed by the 15-50 (runs 60-65mph fine)

I switched my front from 14 to 15 and won't ever go back. I've run a 15/48 and the only thing I noticed was that I had to hold the gears a bit longer. First is so low on this bike that it didn't matter. I switch between 48 and 50, but I think 15/50 is perfect all around.