How far & where did you ride today.

Sunny but very cold (27 - 28 degrees) as I headed to work on my 2 lane backroads... all is going well until a Georgia State Trooper got me on radar @ 70 in a 45 !!! :excuseme: OUCH No other cars on the road... just me. I was just riding to work, just cruising along...

The GSP Officer and I had a nice discussion about the bike, riding in the cold, etc... and I thought he was going to give me a little break in the spirit of the Season and all... but no luck. The ticket was for the full 70 mph.

I've put almost 20K miles on the DRZ and this is my first ticket with the bike... Oh well, I guess I'd better just get over it...

Trust me, it doesn't rain here very often! 90% of the time it's full dust here, maybe 95%:excuseme:. It sure was nice. I wish I could've ridden all week while it was wet.

We need to trade places. It's not very often I get to clean dust out of my air filter. Getting my bike down your way is high on my to-do list. I have driven through some of the desert down there and stare longingly at it wishing I had my bike. I would like to see a desert bloom sometime.

Is Bitter Springs in northern AZ?

We need to trade places. It's not very often I get to clean dust out of my air filter. Getting my bike down your way is high on my to-do list. I have driven through some of the desert down there and stare longingly at it wishing I had my bike. I would like to see a desert bloom sometime.

Is Bitter Springs in northern AZ?

Its right here in the Vegas area.

Its right here in the Vegas area.

OK, found it. Out near Valley of Fire State Park. We went through there in December 2008. Beautiful place. We were in LV for your monster snow fall. It was pretty cool to see the strip all white. I really got a kick out of the snowman under the welcome to LV sign.

OK, found it. Out near Valley of Fire State Park. We went through there in December 2008. Beautiful place. We were in LV for your monster snow fall. It was pretty cool to see the strip all white. I really got a kick out of the snowman under the welcome to LV sign.

That was my first trip to Bitter Springs and it was a short one. I'll definately be back out there SOON. I gotta ride the 'Matterhorn'. Apparently its a pretty good hill with lots and lots of steps. That wash was full of traction with the rains.

Hey lakeside, no need to go that far. Just head up the Duffy Lake Road (#99) northeast of Whistler to the Lilooet area. Or the Kelly Lake Road between Pavillion (on #99) to Clinton (on #97). Or head over to the Nicola Valley around Merritt. Or the south end of the Okanagan around Osoyoos. There is some beautiful dry desert terrain in those areas and some delicious looking roads and trails.

If you're in the Lower Mainland area, you can probably do some weekend trips in the Lilooet area so no need to burn vacation time to do some of it.

...ken...

Hey lakeside, no need to go that far. Just head up the Duffy Lake Road (#99) northeast of Whistler to the Lilooet area. Or the Kelly Lake Road between Pavillion (on #99) to Clinton (on #97). Or head over to the Nicola Valley around Merritt. Or the south end of the Okanagan around Osoyoos. There is some beautiful dry desert terrain in those areas and some delicious looking roads and trails.

If you're in the Lower Mainland area, you can probably do some weekend trips in the Lilooet area so no need to burn vacation time to do some of it.

...ken...

Hi Ken,

We ride those areas alot....in the summer. And you are right, there is some beautiful, dry desert terrain up here. What I need right now is to feel some HEAT! If you find yourself out this way this summer, check out

http://dualsportbc.com/

There is pretty much always some good rides happening.

Thanks lakeside. I hear you about the heat ... or significant lack of it around here. It's heading back into the deep freeze as I type this. But it doesn't look all that warm in the American desert right now, either. I just checked temps in Arizona, NM and Nevada and they're all a bit nippy.

Texas looks warm and it's only three days from here to San Antonio. Might do that in a couple of weeks but the bike will stay home.

...ken...