HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

JUNURE

How far & where did you ride today.

1,163 posts in this topic

162 miles. Three of us rode from Las Vegas NV to Logandale NV. We rode Logandale trails, beautiful terrain and HOT 102F. One went down in the sand dunes when he stopped to look back, No injuries to him or the bike, ya gotta love that sand. Unfortunately the picture of the down bike did not take.:ride:

Lakeshore Rd on the way to Logandale.

0925101028.jpg

4 people like this

i rode 150 klm in the hills of perth , western australia

the motor and suspension working together to produce a package that i am very pleased with .

i am hard to please

Track prepped mine, including oil change. Pushed it down the driveway to take pics. Fired it up for new oil to circulate, then I pushed it back up the driveway, and into the garage.:ride:

Gonna be doing some hard riding tomorrow.

sanobmw.jpg

sanobmw6.jpg

1 person likes this

i rode 150 klm in the hills of perth , western australia

the motor and suspension working together to produce a package that i am very pleased with .

i am hard to please

I rode to our local forest and hit the trails with my buddy on his ktm only about 6 miles on tarmac to get their. Every time we go we both come back tired but extremely happy men. It's a good mix of single track and faster open tracks. Chooken i see you live in Perth you lucky man. I spent two years in Fremantle in 2000 and travelled the west coast highway to Exmouth ,Broome, Darwin and onto cairns etc etc. For the last few years i have been promising myself that one day i will be back to travel this route again. Only this time it would be done on a drz with safari tank camping gear and most importantly my fishing rods. I long to ride the Gibb river road and then onto cairns and north to Wiepa via the old telegraph track. It's now over ten years since i've traveled to you fantastic country

I've such good memories of W.A and the friends i made there.

went to a local riding ranch here in Texas, Hidden Falls Adventure park.. Rode 70 miles yesterday, and in the realm of 125 today.

the Boy and I are tiring to get back in riding shape... so connected several loops together to ride continuously..

In a life time of riding, Texas is by far the worst place to ride bar none.

117 miles local forest, single track, ATV track, abandoned roads, forest roads, asphalt. No rain and the cheeseburger was good.

I only did about 45 miles but it was my first experience down dirt roads and some decent trails. I was a little apprehensive doing it on street tires but I wanted to see what I was working with. Except for the front being a little slippy here and there it did fine and I was quite pleased. More to come!

Rode about 100 miles on sm setup - trip included twisties, (found a great rise to play on near a dead end), gravel/dirt road, atv trails. I even had to cross railroad tracks. I was alittle unsure how the distansia's would do over them but it crept over them with no issues. Ended at a friends house with beer and campfire.

Rode 220 miles from my house to somewhere north of Mount Rainier killer views went down on the way down 20 miles to much speed on the gravel to stop on my worn out Distanzias just broke my front brake lever and scratched my new Yoshi.

Last Sunday: 294 miles

Platte River

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Bridge over the PLatte to the Colorado Trail

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Go for a swim?

IMG_0220.jpg

Outside Cheesman Reserviour

IMG_0220.jpg

This is the Hayman burn area.

IMG_0228-1.jpg

Free Range cattle can appear out of nowhere

IMG_0231-1.jpg

IMG_0232-1.jpg

IMG_0235-1.jpg

Up to Georgia Pass

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Took a wrong turn, ended up on Glacier

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

Got pretty rough

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

I tell ya, she is a PITA to pick up when you are beat but she is a tractor in the hills. Goes almost anywhere I want to take her.

Only about 20km, and at about 12km/h. My nephew is getting better every ride, starting to shift on the trails rather than just the logging roads. I even get to shift out of first sometimes now!:smirk::p

Considering taking my DRZ 400s on a long road trip.....does anyone have any experience with sustained freeway speed for about 2 hours?....hard on the bike?...what do you think?...thanks.

Considering taking my DRZ 400s on a long road trip.....does anyone have any experience with sustained freeway speed for about 2 hours?....hard on the bike?...what do you think?...thanks.

Search "iron butt"

Two words: aftermarket seat.