HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
downin

Top Speed

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the top speed of an 09 yz450f, that is completly stock? Just curious to see what it will do.

Depends on the surface you run it on. Right at about 80 on pavement with knobbies. Less in the dirt.

I just wanted to know if it would hang with a cr500 or kx500.

Depends on the rider. The 500's have a few more ponies and with the right gearing will probably pull a higher top speed. Acceleration is pretty close since the 450 puts the power down better. How many opportunities do you have to reach top speed in off road riding where you ride?

I have an open hay field where i can all but get opened up. Its a good place for drag racing. I raced a blaster there once and i think i had it beat in second gear :ride:

Does anyone know the top speed of an 09 yz450f, that is completly stock? Just curious to see what it will do.

I've GPs 's my stock '07 at 74 mph on gravel logging roads, and i've pulled a top speed of 84 mph with slightly altered gearing, and a roller chain out on the ice in winter.

I just wanted to know if it would hang with a cr500 or kx500 .

I have both. Generally speaking a stock KX/CR 500 will out run a 450 on top end if traction is good. My KX500 will consistently pull about 85 mph WOT. The KX's have a "double overdriven" transmission in 4th and 5th.