HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Halfy

wr450 surging

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've recently made the switch to 4-stroke and just bought an '08 WR450F and i've noticed when riding at a constant speed on a flat road that it tends to surge a bit, does anyone have any tips on where to start? does it sound like a fuel problem?

as above, disconnecting the TPS sensor should sort it out

Before you simply disconnect it I would go through the TPS checks that are clearly instructed in your manual. Even a bafoon with a multimeter can do the checks with a buddy to help hold one of the probes. The system checks really do work too, my bike had a steady throttle stutter that I ignored and dealt with for two years :worthy:. Two weeks ago I did the TPS checks and it was slightly out of adjusment (.89V I think), adjusted it to middle spec and it runs smooth as silk now :ride::banghead:. Such an idiot for not checking it earlier.