HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mx369

DNA wheels?

7 posts in this topic

I had a set on a KX500 90.

I had too change out the bearings and make new spacers because they did not make wheels for that year.

They are good wheels. there strong and took quit a bit of abuse.

Not to bad on price either.

Kurt

I have a set on my 426. Some people say that theyre junk but I think theyre fine. Some of the back spokes have been a little loose but i check them every ride just to make sure. I didnt think spending over a grand on wheels, for a bike that isnt worth much more, made much sense. So I bought a set and Im happy with them. I kept my stock Excels just in case.

They are great. I have lots of happy customers running them

+1 i have a set on a 02 426 ,needed to change to 18" rear bought the set and have been abusing them for over a year ..no issues:thumbsup:

I have a set for my KX450F. First thing, they are noticably heavier than stock. Secondly, they seemed to be holding up fine. I tightened spokes every ride and had no issues. I raced the Loretta's regional at Baja in MI, which is a sand track. They had practice the Friday before the race and I was coming out of a corner and it felt like my rear shock came up through the seat and right up my back. I don't know if I hit a hole just right or what, but it demolished the rim. It flattened out a 8" section. I don't know if this was an issolated incident or what. The front is still as straight as the day I got it. Next time I'll probably spend a few hundred more and get some different one's, however.