Fork oil cc for GNCC

I currently have 375cc of fluid in my '08 and i want to take out some of initial harshness from roots and rocks and whatnot. Do you think taking out 5cc from each fork will do it? I already did a search but didnt find what im looking for?

Thanks, bill804

375cc is way way to much. Do your forks even move? Try 340cc in each leg as a base.

I currently have 375cc of fluid in my '08 and i want to take out some of initial harshness ...
No kidding?!

The fork calls for 350cc as the baseline, and as little as 5cc one way or other can make a LOT of difference. I would think they would be harsh.

If you are using conventional fork oils and valving, use 335-340 to start, and add 5cc/side at a time if needed to stop it from bottoming on the big stuff. Using Dave Johnson's oil and fork kits, I run around 320cc in mine.

So should i take out 15cc from each fork fo now? The next time i'm gonna be riding is at a race on saturday so i dont have any time to test between now and then.

Im pretty sure im at 375cc right now, its written on the sticker on my forks but i dont recall exactly what it is, pretty sure its 375cc. If it isnt, should i just drop it down to 340cc as a starting point?

Yes you should.

Yes you should.

You saying i should use 340cc as a base? Or are you saying take out 15cc?

Go to baseline, first. Then be prepared to take another 5cc out if you do not like the initial setting.

You saying i should use 340cc as a base? Or are you saying take out 15cc?

Reiterating...

If you are using conventional fork oils and valving, use 335-340 to start, and add 5cc/side at a time if needed to stop it from bottoming on the big stuff.

how can you remove oil??i'd like to lower mine a bit.thanks

jon

how can you remove oil??i'd like to lower mine a bit.thanks

jon

Remove the forks from the triples, pull the vent plugs and pump some out. It can't be drawn out from the top because the vent passages take a right angle turn just below the vent screw. It can be added back through the vents if you have a small syringe and some patience.