suspention mods.

Hi all I'm new to the forum,maybe someone can help me I need some setting"s for racing harescrambles, if you guys have any. I race sx and mx for many yrs. Now I broke my back I can't jump as much anymore. So I want to race some scrambles I weigh 190 and my exp. is expert +35. I racing 00 YZ 426.

Thank's Skip

------------------

Are you asking about settings on the stock suspension? If that's the case, I would start with the stock settings and then experiment. You shouldn't have to go far from stock, except that at 190lbs., I think you are heavier than the stock target rider. If you are interested in aftermarket shops, there are many who can do a good job. Like you, I fractured a vertebra a few years ago and needed plusher supension that normal. I went with MX-Tech. I couldn't be more pleased. RG3 is another top-notch shop from what I've heard. The '00 426 is known for blowing the fork mid-valve.

Welcome Skip- I am also riding a 00 426, and at about 200 lb's I've been able to use the stock stuff, just spend a little time dialing them in and I think you'll be fine. I ran across an article on forks a few months back and if I remember right they gave high praise to MX-Tech. I'll do a little digging and see if I can find more info...

Mike

Originally posted by MikeOK:

Welcome Skip- I am also riding a 00 426, and at about 200 lb's I've been able to use the stock stuff, just spend a little time dialing them in and I think you'll be fine. I ran across an article on forks a few months back and if I remember right they gave high praise to MX-Tech. I'll do a little digging and see if I can find more info...

Mike

Thanks Mike,

anything would be helpful :)This forum is a very nice place...

thanks again

Skip