what was your 1st dirt bike???

A 1966 Honda CL160 I bought in Yokusuka Japan for $400.

Very cool. At first I thought it was a CL72.

kdx80...until it got stolen

mine was a 1975 Honda xr75. I loved that bike. It was old as hell when i got. I was obsessed with moto as a child and my mom did everything she could to derail my obsession. I would go to my school library and read dirt rider everyday and I would dream about someday having a dirt bike with plastic on it.. like those new ones in the magazines! Eventually i got that xr75 from a neighbor whose son moved out and my mom couldn't stop me from sneaking off on it:moon:.

1967 Honda mini trail 50cc, took a while to get it running but it was a beast

1980 CR 80.. Had the all red engine.. Was beat to hell. Couldn't kill that poor thing.

1976 Yamaha DT 125. Awsome bike really, small, lightweight, and got it in a trade with my buddy for an old golf cart. Learned a lot

yamaha GT80......1972 :thumbsup:

Wow, Gray, that Yamaha twin reminds me of my 1969 Suzuki 250 twin X6 Hustler (2 stroke). As far as I know, it was the fastest production bike at the time.

Wow, Gray, that Yamaha twin reminds me of my 1969 Suzuki 250 twin X6 Hustler (2 stroke). As far as I know, it was the fastest production bike at the time.
Fastest in its class, maybe, but nowhere near the fastest production bike. The X6 was only capable of getting close to 100 mph, and lots of British bikes could do much better than that. The fastest production motorcycle from 1953 to 1973 was a Vincent Black Lightning at just over 150 mph.

" a Vincent Black Lightning at just over 150 mph."

I stand corrected. That's amazing for the time. I will say though, the 250 was quick.

I will say though, the 250 was quick.
Yeah, it was the quickest of the Japanese 250 twins for a little while when it first came out. And of course, we thought those were really fast, didn't we? Then I started hanging out and working at this bike shop that specialized in dirt track racing and big British bikes, and I found out differently.

MX80:thumbsup:

A long time ago....

I'm not sure the year. It was a cr250 and the kick start was on the left side. If I'm not mistaking it was a year before they made them water cooled. I traded an 04 yzf450 for the bike I ride now which is an 03 yz450f.