Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaxcar1

what was your 1st dirt bike???

134 posts in this topic

i thought it would be fun to see what bikes we all started on. mine was a 1988 yz 250 that was well worn and had so many problems. but it was a start.

thats cool. i was the kid whos folks would not let him ride. but when i got older look out. and sorry about the title it was your 1 dirt bike.

1988 honda xr600. That bike had gotten around by the time I puchased it. Beat. Rode it into the ground, took about 6 months. then bought my 07 yz450f. The Yz450f is my first real dirt/mx bike.

thats cool. i was the kid whos folks would not let him ride. but when i got older look out. and sorry about the title it was your 1 dirt bike.

Ha, that was me. When I turned 18 and got a job a bought a clapped out 1984 CR125. Mom said you not riding that while living under my roof. I said see you later:thumbsup:

1971 Mini Enduro - bought new. Yea I'm old!
Sure you are.

My first "dirt bike" looked like this:

1965-Yamaha-YDS3C-Red-5970-4.jpg

It was a year old when I got, and I rode to school and work, then secretly raced it on weekends.

The first "real" new dirt bike was a '68 DT-1 I bought for $800.

68DT1acopy.jpg

Same deal, commuter/playbike, but by then I was racing a Norton 750 twin for my boss.

I started riding when I was 7 on a 1993 XR80, then got an '02 YZ85 in 5th grade, then a '00 TTR250, then an '03 RM125, and now I'm on an '08 YZ450f. The TTR is still, hands down, the most fun bike i have EVER ridden. :ride::banghead:

i thought it would be fun to see what bikes we all started on. mine was a 1988 yz 250 that was well worn and had so many problems. but it was a start.

Circa 1975 ?, a cheap POS Montgomery Ward mini-bike. I bought it myself from money earned mowing lawns for $40. I remember granading the centrifugal clutch on a weekly basis from motocrossing' at the local BMX track LOL ! This terd started a lifelong sickness/passion for me ! :ride:

minibike.jpg

Edited by Polar_Bus

Sure you are.

It was a year old when I got, and I rode to school and work, then secretly raced it on weekends.

68DT1acopy.jpg

Same deal, commuter/playbike, but by then I was racing a Norton 750 twin for my boss.

mine was a 1974 175 enduro yamaha

I can't find a pic or remember the model, maybe someone can help me out cause I'd love to know what I had. It was an 80's street legal, all metal yamaha 80 cc 4t. Was a blast to ride except it was allergic to turning and liked crashing.

I've been googling pics but can't seem to find it anyone have a clue?

i was thinking and i rember giving lawn mower gas to the kid down the street to ride his 70s yamaha 80 OMG that was a long time ago!!!!:ride:

Sure you are.

68DT1acopy.jpg

:ride: My Dad has always been a Yamaha fan (72 yrs young). Back in the day, he had two DT-1's over the course of about a year. Traded the first one in on a Kawalski Bighorn. He then traded that in for a maroon tanked DT-1. :banghead: