Drz400s 2011

Suzuki skipped alot of models in 2010 expect more in 2011

so did they overproduce/under sell so many in 2009 that they just skipped building anymore in 2010?

i heard that suzuki as well as kawi had so many leftover 09's laying around in warehouses that they stopped production on many atv and dirt bike models for 2010.. according to what my dealer said is that you can expect more production numbers for 2011.. And if you have seen the hideous 2010 DRZsm to me it looks like they put together whatever plastics they had leftover from 09 ( black and white) and just put it together w/ blue stickers and wheels.. Just what it seems to me.

add new plates

add new graphics

new model arrives

add new plates

add new graphics

new model arrives

That's why I keep my Sisneros built 2002 DRZ S BigBore ! It's better than a 2010 model ! :ride:

i heard that suzuki as well as kawi had so many leftover 09's laying around in warehouses that they stopped production on many atv and dirt bike models for 2010.. according to what my dealer said is that you can expect more production numbers for 2011.. And if you have seen the hideous 2010 DRZsm to me it looks like they put together whatever plastics they had leftover from 09 ( black and white) and just put it together w/ blue stickers and wheels.. Just what it seems to me.

+1 on that :ride:

i really dont care if they over produced or under sell or anything else , as long as they keep the DRZ400s\Sm for sales as new, even if it means that the 2013(hopfuly) DRZ will assembled from parts that manufactured at 2009 ...

I will keep my "06" SM untill it absoultly becomes unridable.

now if they make a SM fuel injected six speed all bets are off

'Bold new graphics' again:lol:

I would kill for a six-speed. Not so sure about the fuel injection. That adds a fuel pump. With a dead battery in the boonies, how do you get the thing restarted? If there's a good answer to that, my concerns go away.

...ken...

+ infinity :ride:

I would kill for a six-speed. Not so sure about the fuel injection. That adds a fuel pump. With a dead battery in the boonies, how do you get the thing restarted? If there's a good answer to that, my concerns go away.

...ken...

RMZ450 is FI , still got a kick for starting..

RMZ450 is FI , still got a kick for starting..

But my SM doesn't and I have no plans to do that particular mod. I'm never going back to kicking. Not ever. :ride:

...ken...

...ken...

You'd have to start it the same way you'd start your SM without a kick start.

You'd have to start it the same way you'd start your SM without a kick start.

You can actually bump start a fuel-injected bike with a dead battery? Have you tried it? I don't know anyone who has so I'm asking a serious question. How far/fast do you have to push to get fuel pressure up?

Remember, the battery is flat so the fuel pump won't start up by itself as it usually does by just turning on the key.

I'm skeptical whether a kick-started bike will start with a dead battery, too, for the same reason.

I would be interested in hearing how this really works from someone with actual experience trying to start a fuel-injected bike with a dead battery, either by kick or bump starting.

...ken...

You can actually bump start a fuel-injected bike with a dead battery? Have you tried it? I don't know anyone who has so I'm asking a serious question. How far/fast do you have to push to get fuel pressure up?

Remember, the battery is flat so the fuel pump won't start up by itself as it usually does by just turning on the key.

I'm skeptical whether a kick-started bike will start with a dead battery, too, for the same reason.

I would be interested in hearing how this really works from someone with actual experience trying to start a fuel-injected bike with a dead battery, either by kick or bump starting.

...ken...

On my kfx450 if the battery is completely dead you cant start it with a kick or bump

but if the battery has some power left to prime the bike for 1-2sec then it will start with bump or kick

On my kfx450 if the battery is completely dead you cant start it with a kick or bump

but if the battery has some power left to prime the bike for 1-2sec then it will start with bump or kick

That's what I was guessing to be the case. Thanks for the confirmation. loki8.gif

...ken...

That's what I was guessing to be the case. Thanks for the confirmation. loki8.gif

...ken...

I have never tried to tow my Kfx450 up to speed to bump start it that might work.

I seen reports where people have bump started the WR250R. Check out the huge thread on Advrider.com.

By the way, you don't even have to have a battery to run fuel injection. The Yamaha YZ450F is set up with a battery-less fuel injection system. I'm sure most, if not all, of the other 450 race bikes are the same.