gas tank wanted

Looking for a stock yz tank, any guys w/ big tanks want to sell their stocker e-mail me at xrman96@aol.com

Norman K

The stock tanks are not as strong as the aftermarket ones like clarke, ims, etc and some have a tendency to break near the hookup for the seat! If your gonna spend money on a tank get an aftermarket!

Or you can "jimmy rig" it (with zip ties) like you did on the aloop tank on your old 96' XR400 :) !

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

If you are in the market for a aftermarket tank If it were me i would save myself the $50-$60 and go with the Clarke.

I bought one last year (natural) and have had exactly NO problems with it.

I actually ordered a IMS and they jerked me around for about 2months b4 they told me they were modifying the petcock hole to the left side and that there were about 40 ppl in front of me.

IMS lost a customer after that little incident but bought a lifetime supply of FREE ADVERTISEMENT ..........if you know what i mean.

Besides the IMS is about 189-219$ and the clarke is $149 and about $10shipping.

$.02

G4

------------------

ride BLUE

Guys I already have an IMS tank, I want to be able to put the smaller tank on when Im not racing.

Norman

Garrett, are you the one that bought my XR? Didnt take you long to jump on a YZ.

Norman K

no im a friend of matt who bought your bike...I was the one who came to look at your XR with Matt! Matt will also be getting a YZ soon maybe an 02' Model!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

still looking for a tank!!

Norman

I have one from my '99 400. I understand they are a hot commodity, so make me an offer! Later!

[This message has been edited by akg800 (edited 02-20-2001).]

Go over to the WR side. Two-dads is advertising they have several for $100-150. I paid $100 for mine from a private party.

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.