OIL Woes....

2007 yz450. been using amsoil 10w40 since breakin but nobody sells it here anymore. yamaha dealer is tellin me to use his kawi S4 cuz its cheap and just as good since they dont deal amsoil. the rest of the shops have 20w50 and tell me to use it instead. but i think thats a bit heavy....specially with the colder temps rolling in here lately and fall fast approaching. its either i buy some 20w50 or kawasaki s4 for the next week until i get to the city, or not change my oil for a few more rides. but it still looks decent. thoughts?

for like $20 a year you can be an amsoil "dealer" and order it at dealer prices. Problem solved, or since they offer the first 6 months free as a prefered customer you can do what I did, sign up for free and order 4 gallons, should last me a good ammount of time.

for like $20 a year you can be an amsoil "dealer" and order it at dealer prices. Problem solved, or since they offer the first 6 months free as a prefered customer you can do what I did, sign up for free and order 4 gallons, should last me a good ammount of time.

:ride: I did the same thing. Get a case of Amsoil at a great price.

I'm using 20W50 right now, perfect for the really hot temps, but 10W40 is probably the perfect choice for this province for year round riding.

I haven't started to look for it, but are you also having trouble finding it at places like canadian tire or auto value?

I wonder if mobil 1 makes 10W40

Rotella T 15W40 dino or 5W40 synthetic diesel engine oil is a favoured oil for many motorcycle riders. Reasonably priced and available almost everywhere.

Rotella T 15W40 dino or 5W40 synthetic diesel engine oil is a favoured oil for many motorcycle riders. Reasonably priced and available almost everywhere.

Oh Boy, here we go again......

Order direct man, only takes a few days...If you need to use a quart of something else until you get the Amsoil, no big deal...

Just use Yamalube.

yamalube? no thanks. like 25 bucks a quart

yamalube? no thanks. like 25 bucks a quart

And in my experience, breaks down too quickly...

Yamalube full synthetic 15w50 is $15 a qt. Amsoil 10w-40 and 20w-50 is something like $12 a qt. Where do u guys shop???

Canada...

Yamalube full synthetic 15w50 is $15 a qt. Amsoil 10w-40 and 20w-50 is something like $12 a qt. Where do u guys shop???

Get the Amsoil membership and your cost will be about $7 or $8 a quart. The membership is free.

The membership is free.
Only for the first 6 months. After that, it's $20 annually. Even so, if you buy enough, you come out ahead.