HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
802wrRider

what other radiator will work?

4 posts in this topic

hey all, went for a ride last night and dumped the bike(weird). i ended up bending the lower neck on the right side radiator and also a few other spots. it doesnt seem to be leaking any coolant but im just wondering if any radiator from other bikes will fit properly on my '03 wr450. im having a hard time finding used ones. dont really have the cash at the moment for a good set. or will i be ok just running it the way it is. i bent the neck back a little so the rubber hose wasnt kinked anymore and still no leaking. what do you more experienced guys think?

thanks,

trevor~

assuming it still has good air flow through it and all the fins are not crushed together and it still cools the bike and no leak's I'd run it until you can replace it.

Mine are bent up pretty bad as well, but they still function, no leaks, and bike does not over heat, so they are staying on for the rest of the season (or until my next mishap does them in).

I'm going to put on a set of Mylers SuperCool's over the winter.

At $260 per set, a hell of a lot cheaper the OEM as well (I have not checked the TT store for them yet though...).

assuming it still has good air flow through it and all the fins are not crushed together and it still cools the bike and no leak's I'd run it until you can replace it.

Mine are bent up pretty bad as well, but they still function, no leaks, and bike does not over heat, so they are staying on for the rest of the season (or until my next mishap does them in).

I'm going to put on a set of Mylers SuperCool's over the winter.

At $260 per set, a hell of a lot cheaper the OEM as well (I have not checked the TT store for them yet though...).

Or just have Mylers fix yours.