HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sound

motojackrack bike carrier

4 posts in this topic

I just had a 2inch reciever class2 hitch installed so I could try my freinds jack rack. I need to take

my bike to the shop,but my trailer is snowed in. Plus I really want one of these racks so that when I

want to go for a ride I can skip the hour it takes getting ready and I can travel safely with my

bike.(my trailer is very old) I just searched on the net and it stated that the rack needs a class 3?

Anyone here have an opinion on this rack and its use with a class2?

You might be OK with a class 2 hitch. It all depends upon the weight of you bike.

I've talked to the guy that makes the Motojackrack he's a pretty nice guy. Give him a call and ask him.

Sorry no definitive answer.

I did find out that they make two racks one for bike under 300lbs and one for over. He assured me that I would be just fine with the standard rack (under 300). Although I just thought about the fact that I want the rack with the optional gas can attachment. Bike weighs 265 + 3.2 gallons + 5 gallons (8lbs/gallon). Hmmmmm over 300lbs...

------------------

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever , Moose skid plate , Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited 02-13-2001).]

Be safe. If your vehicle isn't a little Geo Metro or something, get the Class III hitch. You can feel more confident with a class III. That's all my family has ever had for hitches, its worth the money.

------------------

YZ 426's suck!(all the air they can get)

THROTTLE JOCKEY. .....because all golf courses should be motocross tracks!

I totally agree with Toxic. If you can swing it, get the class III. I don't think there's much of a price difference anyway.