HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
groundhog

Gas

11 posts in this topic

I have been running 91-octane gas for several years with no adverse effects I can see, except for possibly running hotter (my manual says 95 octane). It is the best gas I can find around here.

Does anyone run aviation gas - 100 octane, low lead. If so; 1) does it help with engine temps? 2) Any power advantages? 3) Any negative effects?

91 octanes is about $1.69 here and the AV gas is about $2.78. Is it worth it?

Correct me if I am wrong! Come to think of it, I was wrong ONCE before. It was a terrible feeling as I recall! Anyway, I was under the assumption that the higher the octane rating, the coller the temperatures are! :)

hey

yeah i have the same question. i thought about going to the local airport and getting some higher octane fuel. i run 93 octane from the local shell stations. seem to have no problems but also want to be sure i am doing it right. will it effect the spark plug any?

-Billy

If a guy is going to use higher octane fuel,you need to use something different than av. gas. Av gas is too dry a fuel. I would find unical 76, or phillips 66, Cam II, etc. Just a thought :)

Your bike requires a minimum research octane number (RON) of

95 octane. The fuel you buy at the gas station uses the R+M/2 octane method. 91 octane pump gas has a RON value of

96.8 which exceeds the octane requirements of your bike.

91 octanes is about $1.69 here and the AV gas is about $2.78

Man do I wish I lived where you are! :awww: Our 91 is about $2.78 here in Cali. :lol:

The higher the octane, the cooler the temp. is because the gas is less volitile, volatile, voletull. (Sounds like Vol-eh-tool) I can't spell worth crap :thumbsup: which means it burns cooler and is more stable :lol:.

91 octanes is about $1.69 here and the AV gas is about $2.78

Man do I wish I lived where you are! :thumbsup: Our 91 is about $2.78 here in Cali. :awww:

The higher the octane, the cooler the temp. is because the gas is less volitile, volatile, voletull. (Sounds like Vol-eh-tool) I can't spell worth crap :lol: which means it burns cooler and is more stable :lol:.

I thought fuel would be cheaper over in the states, were paying about $1.10 for the 91 over here in oz and thats expensive at the moment

That price he quoted you of $2.78 is for a gallon not a liter. Is that 1.10 you mention for a gallon of the 91? I think a gallon is equal to 3.8 liters.

Hahaha :lol:

I remember filling up a car once in Canada and I thought they ripped me off bigtime because I paid a whole lot and got a lot less. I was pissed! :awww: But then I remembered where I was. :thumbsup:

Just try approx +-4.50 US$ a gallon for 98RON here in Switzerland. :awww:

And we have it easy. Rest of Europe is mostly 20-40% more expensive ! :thumbsup::lol:

I laugh when I see the news reports of the US moaning about high gas prices :lol: :lol: