Gas

I have been running 91-octane gas for several years with no adverse effects I can see, except for possibly running hotter (my manual says 95 octane). It is the best gas I can find around here.

Does anyone run aviation gas - 100 octane, low lead. If so; 1) does it help with engine temps? 2) Any power advantages? 3) Any negative effects?

91 octanes is about $1.69 here and the AV gas is about $2.78. Is it worth it?

Correct me if I am wrong! Come to think of it, I was wrong ONCE before. It was a terrible feeling as I recall! Anyway, I was under the assumption that the higher the octane rating, the coller the temperatures are! :)

hey

yeah i have the same question. i thought about going to the local airport and getting some higher octane fuel. i run 93 octane from the local shell stations. seem to have no problems but also want to be sure i am doing it right. will it effect the spark plug any?

-Billy

If a guy is going to use higher octane fuel,you need to use something different than av. gas. Av gas is too dry a fuel. I would find unical 76, or phillips 66, Cam II, etc. Just a thought :)

Your bike requires a minimum research octane number (RON) of

95 octane. The fuel you buy at the gas station uses the R+M/2 octane method. 91 octane pump gas has a RON value of

96.8 which exceeds the octane requirements of your bike.

91 octanes is about $1.69 here and the AV gas is about $2.78

Man do I wish I lived where you are! :awww: Our 91 is about $2.78 here in Cali. :lol:

The higher the octane, the cooler the temp. is because the gas is less volitile, volatile, voletull. (Sounds like Vol-eh-tool) I can't spell worth crap :thumbsup: which means it burns cooler and is more stable :lol:.

91 octanes is about $1.69 here and the AV gas is about $2.78

Man do I wish I lived where you are! :thumbsup: Our 91 is about $2.78 here in Cali. :awww:

The higher the octane, the cooler the temp. is because the gas is less volitile, volatile, voletull. (Sounds like Vol-eh-tool) I can't spell worth crap :lol: which means it burns cooler and is more stable :lol:.

I thought fuel would be cheaper over in the states, were paying about $1.10 for the 91 over here in oz and thats expensive at the moment

That price he quoted you of $2.78 is for a gallon not a liter. Is that 1.10 you mention for a gallon of the 91? I think a gallon is equal to 3.8 liters.

Bugger :thumbsup:, I forgot you guys sell it by the gallon, ours is by the litre.

Hahaha :lol:

I remember filling up a car once in Canada and I thought they ripped me off bigtime because I paid a whole lot and got a lot less. I was pissed! :awww: But then I remembered where I was. :thumbsup:

Just try approx +-4.50 US$ a gallon for 98RON here in Switzerland. :awww:

And we have it easy. Rest of Europe is mostly 20-40% more expensive ! :thumbsup::lol:

I laugh when I see the news reports of the US moaning about high gas prices :lol: :lol: