HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sully

Loading Ramps?

6 posts in this topic

Hey Do any of you Guys use those folding atv ramps to load your bikes.I used a the old 2*8 on my old truck but have traded off the beast and Have a new Truck the 2*8 ain't gonna cut it. I was wondering if the wide atv ramp is easier on the back? :shocked:250lbs is a load and cant afford the trailer yet...

I am using the 2"x8" myself and know it can be a hassle. I have never used them but i am sure they are nice. They also make thinner ones designed for dirt bikes that are usually cheaper, I have noticed. Give one a try and let me know if it is worth the extra bucks.

Matt

------------------

Yes,

Before I got them I used a 2X6. Major pain and this was with a KX250. When I picked up my YZ462 last Saturday. I got the folding ramp out attached the cables to the bumber and when the sales guy said you need help loading I said no.

I then fired up the YZ for the first time and rode it into the back of my pickup. Too easy :)

I got mine at a Kawasaki dealer for $140. Could not live with out it now.

------------------

Rick

01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

I use a 2x8 with a hole cut in it, so I can tie it to one of my tie-downs hooks when traveling (so it doesn't slide out with the tailgate open - I have a Toyota p/u)

I also have a ramp-end, bent piece of metal that attaches to the end of 2x8, that provides a transition from the 2x8 to the tailgate. They are available in Home Depot for 13 bucks.

I don't use atv ramps cause I am afraid they will get stolen while I am out riding the trails.

I just use my tailgate as a ramp. Obviously I don’t recommend this if you have a nice, scratch-free tailgate.

Also, people WILL look at you funny when you unload your bike, but the extra convenience is worth the attention. :)