HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dick Falcon

Hi comp piston=more low to mid??

4 posts in this topic

hi guys,i'm riding a 09 yzf450 w/ a FWW 13/50 gearing a FMF powerbomb w/Q 4 silencer.I'm loking for bottom and mid power.I'm thinking hi comp piston.any more idea's.Oh im 240 geared up.thanks

jon

You could do that, but it would be cheaper and a lot less work to stick an '06 CDI on the steering head. To go beyond that, you could go with an '06 exhaust cam, too. The piston will do what you want, but neither as much or as easily as these two items.

I have an 06 im at 235 with gear I run a 13/49 when im in the open desert but a 13/51 in tight slow stuff.To me it is very different feel not sure what your riding in but i would play with gearing first. You can go to www.sprocketcalculator.com to play around with gearing.