HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andy250

All new 2011 YZ450F!

23 posts in this topic

Hopefully it will keep the clutch from fading. I thought the 2010 just had more power and therfore the clutch heated up more than my 09. I love the feel of the 09 over the 10 (clutch feel)

Well I guess I am glad I did not wait for the 2011. The 10 (and now the 11) are incredible bikes! They don't need any changes except a pipe and a little work with the tuner to suit your style and your ready to rip :bonk:

It has a 200ml larger tank as well.

There are always small changes, but they never friggen mention them.

They have a white 2011 and two blue 2010's at my dealership right now... Been checking them out every few days after work as it's on my way home. Every single time I've gone there not one sales guy has approached me, and i"m literally sitting on the bike, slow kicking it, checking out how it differs from my yz250 for a good 10 minutes...

When I decide to buy and get my $ I'm going to buy it somewhere else.

Well I guess I am glad I did not wait for the 2011. The 10 (and now the 11) are incredible bikes! They don't need any changes except a pipe and a little work with the tuner to suit your style and your ready to rip :bonk:

If you need a pipe for THAT bike, you are way faster than us mortals!!

If the fuel tank is 200ml larger (less than 7 ounces) I wonder if the fuel pump changed and is slightly smaller? I can't imagine Yamaha setting out to increase the gas tank and having it be a mere 7 ounces larger.

no reason to change a good thing.

Agreed - my only real complaint about the 2010, is how fast the clutch seems to fade. I think I'll be picking the new part up once it's available...

Agreed - my only real complaint about the 2010, is how fast the clutch seems to fade. I think I'll be picking the new part up once it's available...

I second that part.

If the fuel tank is 200ml larger (less than 7 ounces) I wonder if the fuel pump changed and is slightly smaller? I can't imagine Yamaha setting out to increase the gas tank and having it be a mere 7 ounces larger.

I didn't check the weight differences.. Does 200ml of gas weigh 7 ounces?

I didn't check the weight differences.. Does 200ml of gas weigh 7 ounces?

I think he meant fluid ounces... 200ml = 6.76oz

200ml of gasoline weighs about 0.34 lbs, or 0.15 Kg

If you need a pipe for THAT bike, you are way faster than us mortals!!

Not so much faster but bigger, 6' - 5" and 230lbs every bit counts. The pipe (Full Yosh) also helped the revs ALOT! It revs to the moon now :bonk: The stocker seems to plug it up.

Not so much faster but bigger, 6' - 5" and 230lbs every bit counts. The pipe (Full Yosh) also helped the revs ALOT! It revs to the moon now :bonk: The stocker seems to plug it up.

exactly, my DRD pretty much eliminated the issue with the heavy hit and allows it to rev out more. much broader power band now...

Can someone explain how the different 2011 clutch actuation arm makes a difference in clutch fade? Also, does it affect the clutch pull feel? Easier, harder? I have the 2010 and have to agree after about 3 laps I am spinning my quick adjust faster than a rodent wheel - mega play.

Can someone explain how the different 2011 clutch actuation arm makes a difference in clutch fade? Also, does it affect the clutch pull feel? Easier, harder? I have the 2010 and have to agree after about 3 laps I am spinning my quick adjust faster than a rodent wheel - mega play.

I see on the GYTR store, the complete clutch for a 2011( fibers, springs and metal plates) has a different part number than the 2010. Other than that, I can't find any different part numbers.

I see on the GYTR store, the complete clutch for a 2011( fibers, springs and metal plates) has a different part number than the 2010. Other than that, I can't find any different part numbers.

2011 part listed 19th under clutch components:

33D-16381-10-00 PUSH LEVER COMP

The part number IS different than the 2010 part number.

What about the fuel pump? I don't have access to 2011 parts, just 2010. Here is the part # for 2010

FUEL PUMP COMP.

(8107740-001)

Also, not to sure why they changed the clutch as the only issue I had was that once the clutch was warmed up, there was a bit more play in the slack of the cable, causing me to re-adjust. I found the sweet spot, and it seems if you have like half a mm of play when cold, by the time it warms up there is still enough tension to completely dis-engage the clutch.