Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
changaz

wr kicks but wont run

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

any ideas what could be wrong?

The bike was running fine, got it home washed it then it wouldnt start.

left it a few days and it started first kick and ran for a minute or so till i shut it off. Loaded it up for another ride a week later, got there, geared up, kicked it and it started. Ran for a minuite on choke, then stalled.

Now it will give a quick kick when you kick it over, but dies straight away.

I have removed and cleaned the plug (it seems to have some spark from what i could see when i kicked it hard, no spark when pushing the lever with my hand), i have removed carby, blown out all jets and reinstalled, but still it is doing the same thing.

any ideas what else to check before i take it to a shop (i reallyd ont want to spend the $$)

It shows similar symptoms to a car with a blow ballast resistor, but im guessing bikes dont have them.

any suggestions appreciated.

Sounds electrical. I always try a new plug because it is easy to change. Check the wiring, specifically the wire to the kill switch, and to the stator for water in the connections, or a rub-through shorting it out. Blow out the connectors with compressed air. Take the stator cover off and make sure it is dry. You should have a good spark pushing the motor by hand.

thanks guys, well carby is spotless and new fuel.

I agree that it may be electrical as it started after a wash. will keep on investigating and let you know how i go.