YELLOW NUMBERS ?

Ok I am racing amateur hare and hounds.

I am going with the hurricane yellow graphics/plastics and would like to put black side panels with yellow numbers but I am haveing a heck of a time finding them.

Does anyone know where I might find them?

Everyone always runs yellow b/g w/blk #'s

and I think with the graphics/plastics that the black SP/w/yellow #'s would look better.

I have seen them so I know they exist!!!!

Help

plz

G4

I think there's a company called DeCal has what you are looking for. Nearly any combination of number colors on any background color. (800) 843-8244. I'd like to know if you like their product as I'm looking for something similar. Cost is ~$50. You can also order custom bordering and logos if you wish. That's what the ad says, anyway. WWW.decalmx.com

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 02-12-2001).]

I am going with the hurricane yellow graphics/plastics and would like to put black side panels with yellow numbers but I am haveing a heck of a time finding them

bad idea...if it is an AMA sanctioned event the 250s must use white background and black numbers, 125s must use black background white numbers, also if it isnt AMA, then dont get yellow numbers, they look goofy, get the white on black background...THAT my friends looks good. adios yall.

-Eric

BBR........

I actually do hare scrambles and hare n' hounds in Ut/Az/Nv/Id/Co in the USRA

I go the rule book out and read it when I read your post.

IT reads

Novice.........Green bkgrnds w/white #'s

Amatuer........Yellow/black combination

Expert.........White/Black combination

So I think either Yellow backgrounds w/black numbers

or

Black backgrounds w/Yellow numbers

will be ok

is my interpritation correct?

G4

bad idea...if it is an AMA sanctioned event the 250s must use white background and black numbers, 125s must use black background white numbers, also if it isnt AMA, then dont get yellow numbers, they look goofy, get the white on black background...THAT my friends looks good. adios yall.

-Eric

[This message has been edited by g4racing (edited 02-13-2001).]

You can get any size or color numbers in any style from any place that does vinyl graphics. Just look in your phone book and there is probably a sign shop in your town that does vinyl graphics. My dad does vinyl graphics in his sign shop and can do any color imaginable. Metallic silver numbers look killer on my kid's KTM 50.

Boit, don't know if you noticed my brother's numbers too, but his are "carbon fiber" numbers. This also comes in handy when you want the carbon fiber look without spending the bucks. You cut out a piece of carbon fiber vinyl decal and stick it over your airbox and "presto" - carbon fiber airbox. Anything can be scanned and duplicated. If you want to really go overboard you can take a picture of you airborne on your bike, scan it into a decal and use it for your background on your number plate. If you want anything unique, it can be done.

g4, the way I read it is yellow backgrounds and black numbers. Why not call the USRA for clarification?

Originally posted by g4racing:

Novice.........Green bkgrnds w/white #'s

Amatuer........Yellow/black combination

Expert.........White/Black combination

So I think either Yellow backgrounds w/black numbers

or

Black backgrounds w/Yellow numbers

will be ok

is my interpritation correct?