green vs. gold coolant

not the dex cool. i took that out of all my GM car and truck. i was talking about the all make gold, almost looks like the dirty water. i have used ford long life gold in cars, and thought it might work better. i know that green would work, just looking to see what people think. thanks

Most of the extended service coolant depends on a well sealed coolant recovery system to avoid oxidizing the coolant. MX bikes don't have such systems. As far as I know, there's no advantage in cooling or boil resistance, and I don't see why anyone would want to use the same coolant for 5 years, so I see no reason to use it.

air + dexcool = blown sludge as with other extended life stuff. I used VW G-12 lifetime coolant in my raptor since it has a recovery bottle but I wouldn't use it on an mx bike. Although I put it in my buddies CRF since I have a ton of it and it works fine and stays pink forever until you want to change it which is optional

My 2010 has blue coolant in it from the dealer not sure whats in it??????

Don't use an auto coolant with silicates! Your pump seals will hate you. Of course, people will post in here stating "I've been using automotive coolant for 150 years with no problems", bla bla bla.

Evans, Water Wetter, Engine Ice, Honda HP, etc........ that's all good stuff.

You can use auto coolant all you want on bikes with no problem AS LONG AS THE BOTTLE SAYS SILICATE & PHOSPHATE FREE

Many of the auto coolants are now, but you should check the label to be sure.