Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ll5MAV9ll

SSR 125, Need Performance Upgrades

9 posts in this topic

how much of a difference will these mods make? i dont really need more top end speed, i need more acceleration but it wouldnt hurt to have both =)

well the bigger rear will give you more acceleration. The inner rotor kit will give you much better throttle response and acceleration. Also they are pretty easy to install. And the big bore will give you more power. I would do the sprockets first. good luck!

The stock sorockets are actually the best ratio . I'd personally even go down on the rear now .. but to optimize performance I put a higher output Slator, CDI & Coil . Don't forget the oil cooler or you might be having overheating problems . That is if your over 150-160lbs . All in around 300 bucks , I also put a larger silencer because the stock one seems to restrict flow a bit .

They have big valve and head kits for stock 125cc zongshen and 4 valve bolt up 150-160 motors . Of course you get what you pay for . Don't skimp on the oil cooler , if you decide to maximize performance , my ssr temp exceeded 210' F and that was enough to draw the line .

Another tip , Micheline Starcross tires are the top dog

Youre gonna lose acceleratuon with a bigger front sprocket. Also you want small valves for torque and big valves for more top end speed.

210 seems extremely low temp compared to what most air cooled motorcycle motors run, I've read that normal operating temps for motorcycle air cooled engines are from 250 to 300 degrees in the head and 200 to 230 degrees in the crankcase.

The stock sorockets are actually the best ratio . I'd personally even go down on the rear now .. but to optimize performance I put a higher output Slator, CDI & Coil . Don't forget the oil cooler or you might be having overheating problems . That is if your over 150-160lbs . All in around 300 bucks , I also put a larger silencer because the stock one seems to restrict flow a bit .

They have big valve and head kits for stock 125cc zongshen and 4 valve bolt up 150-160 motors . Of course you get what you pay for . Don't skimp on the oil cooler , if you decide to maximize performance , my ssr temp exceeded 210' F and that was enough to draw the line .

Another tip , Micheline Starcross tires are the top dog