HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ga426owner

Considering dusting off the cobwebs....oldtimer thread

27 posts in this topic

Well, after much thought and a offer to ride again I may clean off the mold and mildew on a certain 06 bike and see if I can even squeeze my butt cheeks enough to fit into my 3 year old gear and see if I can keep it in a straight line for a few laps this weekend. The southern heat has broken and cooler temps are on the way. Been way over a year since I even been on a motorcycle

So my question is this....how do you clean and oil a airfilter? I forgot...old age and lack of brain cells have caused me to be forgetful...:bonk::smirk::foul:

Sh*t !! Hook, line and sinker on that one !!

Edited by crf450319

Hey, i am 47, my buddy 48, and thats what we recently did and am having a blast doing so. Just be safe, ride within your limits, and you will be loving life once again. Rock On!

Hey, i am 47, my buddy 48, and thats what we recently did and am having a blast doing so. Just be safe, ride within your limits, and you will be loving life once again. Rock On!

thanks Patrick this is what I needed to see, ENCOURAGEMENT.....I really did not forget how to clean/reoil a filter....my wife is more worried than me. Go Figure :bonk:

thanks Patrick this is what I needed to see, ENCOURAGEMENT.....I really did not forget how to clean/reoil a filter....my wife is more worried than me. Go Figure :foul:

figured you were joking.......cant believe you have been off it a year..

so as a 47 yr old in an ortho boot from the wr 450.......have fun..

don't forget your header may glow red...

make sure and use the right kind of oil....

all the important stuff...:bonk:

I have been feeling old and beat down recently, but I went to the mx track last week for the first time in 8/9yrs...There was a gentleman there riding, turns out he was born in 1934....

Well, after much thought and a offer to ride again I may clean off the mold and mildew on a certain 06 bike and see if I can even squeeze my butt cheeks enough to fit into my 3 year old gear and see if I can keep it in a straight line for a few laps this weekend. The southern heat has broken and cooler temps are on the way. Been way over a year since I even been on a motorcycle

So my question is this....how do you clean and oil a airfilter? I forgot...old age and lack of brain cells have caused me to be forgetful...:bonk::smirk::foul:

so why have you been off the bike for so long? get back on that thing and ride...

so why have you been off the bike for so long? get back on that thing and ride...

well this is a long story....

but here is the condensed version :D

Divorce and heart attack in 2001, been on all kind of meds since - still raced/rode until 1.2 yrs ago when I was diagnosed with a quarter size blod clot in my heart, put on Cumaden, told not to ride by my cardiologist....and during all this drama, my wife and I had our first child/daughter that just turned 2. Clot in heart is gone, still on cumaden soon to be plavix and tired of lack of dirt riding...been on bicycle but, no comparison and zero adrenlin rush! :foul:

Time to get dirty, not ride over my head and use some MX muscles that have not been active for a while - thanks guys for the encouragement :bonk:

Whats up "old-n-bold" ? Have not seen you around here lately now I know why.

Need a good tip from an ol' bastage like me ?

Vasaline to prevent monkey butt ! :lol:

well this is a long story....

but here is the condensed version :D

Divorce and heart attack in 2001, been on all kind of meds since - still raced/rode until 1.2 yrs ago when I was diagnosed with a quarter size blod clot in my heart, put on Cumaden, told not to ride by my cardiologist....and during all this drama, my wife and I had our first child/daughter that just turned 2. Clot in heart is gone, still on cumaden soon to be plavix and tired of lack of dirt riding...been on bicycle but, no comparison and zero adrenlin rush! :foul:

Time to get dirty, not ride over my head and use some MX muscles that have not been active for a while - thanks guys for the encouragement :bonk:

I ride with this one guy who is 76 and rides a WR250. He's pretty fast too on the single track stuff.

I ride with this one guy who is 76 and rides a WR250. He's pretty fast too on the single track stuff.

Just because we are old, doesn't mean were not fast, it just means were fast for a very short period of time.. :bonk:

hey man, i just dusted off all my gear and replaced what had deterioted in the atic.

I'm 50 and have been off for 6yrs,3 months, and 15days. I bought a new yz450f and took it to Meunster Texas for a all day session. I have 22 screws and 3 plates from way back then. I cant stay off any longer.........the ride was great :bonk: ...I'm back....and the bike is great. I bought the race tuner and tuned it down for the woods and WOW great bike. Be safe and stop if you get tired. Have fun.

Whats up "old-n-bold" ? Have not seen you around here lately now I know why.

Need a good tip from an ol' bastage like me ?

Vasaline to prevent monkey butt ! :bonk:

thanks for the tushy tip PB:thumbsup:

I wondered where you had been lately. We expect a full ride report when you can wipe the grin off long enough.:bonk:

Bill

Step 1, remove old air filter.

Step 2, grab a beer.

Step 3, I kinda liked Step 2.

I wondered where you had been lately. We expect a full ride report when you can wipe the grin off long enough.:worthy:

Bill

My Damn pants shrank, no I got daddy gut! :banghead:

funny how it all comes back so fast, well honestly it was a little intimidating but after a couple hours and about 15 laps I think I was close to my old speed. Still too darn hot but hopefully a couple more weeks will bring us some cooler temps..I was smiling for a long time...and that night still making laps in my head. :ride:

Hee Heee,:ride: the incredible shrinking MX pants syndrome. Anyhoo, glad you got the magical smile back on your face. I am waiting for surgeons clearance after 1-1/2 years off, soon,my friend, soon!!!:banghead:

Bill