HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a56kuser

Wr250f starter in wr450f??

5 posts in this topic

I got a 04 450f and I bought it with the e start broken ....the only starter I see on eBay is for a 06 250f .... Just wondering if it'll work ...

On a side note is there a diagnostic I can do to see if its just my starter motor that is broken??? I heard sometimes it's just the brushes that need to be replaced

Thanks in advance

Well i didn't purchase it yet but they are definitely different part numbers so I better lay off that purchase for now ....

Now to figure out if I need a new starter motor or not ......

hey backoff my ebay250 starter...I saw it first :foul: . I wanted to do the same thing and put it in my 450 but couldn't figure out if it would work. So I just bought a new one from the tt store. If you don't want to spend the kind of money on a new one, you can send your motor to Ricks Electric and they will rebuild it for 160ish. There is also a place online that sells refurbed ones for 180 with your core in return.

If you have a manual and volt meter, you can follow the steps in the manual. I would think if you were getting 12 volts to your starter motor when you held down the estart button and if your starter wasn't turning then I would say its your starter motor....but yet again I'm not expert here. good luck :bonk:

The 250 motor is all yours buddy :bonk:

I guess I'll try diagnose the problem first ....

I don't even know what sound it makes if any cause my bike doesn't have a battery or starter button..... But I have them on order