Desert gearing

Your best bet is to go up one tooth (15t) on front sprocket. It can be changed out with ease for your desert trips without changing the chain lenth. You should get about 8-10 mph more top end. You will want to keep the stock (14t) gearing for the track.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good gear ration for the desert? I'm always looking for a sixth gear to just cruise in. Right now I'm running stock gearing and can clear everything at my local track (Lake Elsinore) but when I take it out to the desert it seems like it needs one more gear to cruise at the speed I'm looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good gear ration for the desert? I'm always looking for a sixth gear to just cruise in. Right now I'm running stock gearing and can clear everything at my local track (Lake Elsinore) but when I take it out to the desert it seems like it needs one more gear to cruise at the speed I'm looking for.

I'm running a 15/45 on my 426. :thumbsup:

Year/model?

year/model?

'01 yz

I was running a 14 49 at little saharah dunes a week ago. 00 444 with a boat load of work. I ran a skat-trac intimadator. My sand snake started to chunk out in the center. The sand was wet when I was there.