HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silentZ

Confirmation on torque spec for front sprocket: 08 450

9 posts in this topic

Manual says 54ft lbs. I did this and then bent the lock washer around the nut. I checked it after one ride and it was totally loose. I removed the lock washer and torqued again with a new lock washer. Am I reading this correctly?

I bent the washer back out, then checked it and was able to spin the nut with my fingers.

I bent the washer back out, then checked it and was able to spin the nut with my fingers.

Probably wasn't seated good to begin with. Did you have any mud or other crap behind the washer? I usually stand on the rear brake to keep it from moving. It is hard to tighten these by yourself sometimes.

Just a shot in the dark here, but you may need your torque wrench re-calibrated. What brand torque wrench are you using?

Manual says 54ft lbs. I did this and then bent the lock washer around the nut. I checked it after one ride and it was totally loose. I removed the lock washer and torqued again with a new lock washer. Am I reading this correctly?

No torque wrench is needed. Just snug it up good and bend the washer over.

Probably wasn't seated good to begin with. Did you have any mud or other crap behind the washer?

This is what I was thinking. I don't see any other way it could come loose with the washer tab bent over it.