HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R_Little

Loud Yosh muffler

3 posts in this topic

I have an old style RS-3 titainium muffler on my WR. It has fresh packing and is great but it is just too loud.

Anyone know any ideas for making it quieter. Yosh says I have to buy a new muffler to use their TEC endcap system.

BTW any TT'r going to thre Hancock Dual sport ride this weekend?

Thanks

I have been very happy with my FMF Powercore IV. Makes great power all over the rpm range, and sounds good too. Not too loud, but you won't mistake this for a slow bike. I haven't ever been sound tested, so I don't know the db.

I might go to a poker run sunday, if so I will post my sound test results. :)

After pumping money into my WB E series trying to quiet it down, I gave up and bought a FMF Q. The new WB E2 and PC 496 should be the ticket if you can get one. I would advise giving up on the old silencer, run stock or get one of the above..Good luck Domenic :) PS..Even with the Q the Yamaha is still noisy. The price of Power